Suspicious behavior

Start from the beginning

The blanket saved me for the gust of wind that would have hit me when Bonnie opened the car door. Smiling from ear to ear she settled into the car, instinctively putting on her seatbelt and rubbing her hands to warm them up. Her phone never left her hand, she didn't speak at all. So I had a one sided conversation with myself.

"Hey Lexi, how was your day?"
"Ah you know yourself, elbow deep in grease. Couldn't have been better."
"Really? You look so amazing I never would have guessed you spent the entire day under a car, how are you so gorgeous? I wish I could be like you, you're so good at everything and just so much cooler than me."
"Now now Bon Bon, not everyone can be born as talented and gifted as I was, it's a curse really."

She couldn't take it anymore and laughed "you wish"

Finally some interaction. The cyborgs haven't taken over just yet. Our conversation remained minimal so I put the radio on full blast while hurrying home.

Barely in the door we were both diving for the thermostat. Time to turn this ice box into a sauna. Bonnie took off her coat and hung it on the banister as I took off my damp boots. Barely giving me enough time to regain my balance Bonnie was already shoving me up the stairs.

"Whoa, what's the rush?" She looked slightly unnerved by my unwillingness to comply.
"There's no rush I just don't want you to get sick." I stopped on the second step and turned towards her.
"The heating is on full blast and I was inside all day, i'm not going to get sick." She stood there for a minute thinking.
"I just don't want you to get anything dirty....and i'm about to do a wash" She was doing so well up to that point. She was almost believable until she mentioned her doing the washing. Bonnie is the reason that we all have pink shirts. She is not allowed to do the washing nor did she ever want to after that incident.

With a huff she gave into my stare. "Alright, I was wondering if I could borrow your black leather jacket."

Part of me was screaming Bullshit but I could see that she was practically begging me to just give in and go with it. Turning on my heels I gave her exactly what she wanted as I made my way upstairs. Walking into my wardrobe my hands skimmed across the neatly placed and organised hangers until I found what I was looking for. Bonnie immediately tried it on, checking herself out in the mirror as I flopped onto the bed.

I could give the princess and the pea a run for her money, the second I hit the mattress I could tell something's off. Something is different. I scuttled to my feet and tore back the duvet not at all happy with the fact that whatever was under the sheet interfered with my R&R time.

I was not prepared for what I found. A full length black evening dress laid out perfectly on my side of the bed slightly distorted from my lying on it. A small card was placed on top of it. Two words were all I was given.
"Wear me" I whispered reading the note. I turned to Bonnie who is of course still admiring herself in the mirror.
"Did you know?" She spun towards me and recovered from the shock of my voice suddenly breaking the silence.
"Know what?" Bonnie is not a good actress so the look of confusion is genuine.

I simply pointed to the bed, she gasped "Lexi this is gorgeous, from Luke?"
I watched as she ran her hands over the silky material
"That's what I was hoping you'd tell me"
Looking at me from the corner of her eye she muttered "I guess, he wouldn't tell me incase I ruined it. My job was just to get you into the room"
Bonnie is shocking at keeping secrets, but she can't help it. She gets excited and gets word vomit when pressured.

She left me alone in the room to get changed. I checked my phone, still nothing. No sign of the boys and no further instructions, typical. Desperate to find out what's going on I slip on the dress, it sits just right and compliments my curves. I took my hair out of the high ponytail and simply brushed it out. Nothing fancy and no make up. It's good to give yourself a rest every now and then. I shouldn't have to reply on make up, I refuse to allow myself to succumb to that.