Memories (1)

Past: 2005

Brendon's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spencer?!" I grab my keys as I yell for Spencer.

"I'm coming hold on a sec!"

"We don't have a sec, we have to be at the place in 20 minutes!"

Spencer comes down the stairs in his jeans and plaid shirt tucked in.

"At least you look presentable." I joke.

We walk out the door and get in the car. I turn it on and back out of my driveway. Today was gonna be a great day. Today I get to meet my kid. Well not quit. I'm adopting one. I know I'm gonna want a boy. He'll be a mini me of me. Rocking all the time and having fun. I know what your thinking. What about all the drama and touring your going to be doing? You don't have time for a child!

Well that's where your wrong. I'm gonna need company and I'm making a change to a kids life. To bad I can't change all of them. Spencer's gonna be upset though. He always saw me being a father to a girl. I can't deal with all the girly stuff. Princess's and ponies, gag.

The ride there was awful. Spencer kept singing songs from the radio. I knew he was purposely bugging me to tell him but I wasn't going to until we got there. We pull up into the parking lot.

"Brendon where are we?"

"Remember when you said you wanted me to be a dad?" Spencer nods. "Well today I file to be one." His eyes light up with excitement. He shakes me in joy. "But, I'm not looking for a girl. I want a boy." He stops shaking me and him smile drops to a frown.

"Well as long as your happy with a girl or not, I'm happy." He gives me a smile. I open the door and walk in. I take off my sunglasses and walk to the front desk.

"Hello. How can I help you today?"

"Yes, I'm here to see a child about adopting? I had a reserved spot?"

"Ok. What is ur name?"

"Brendon Urie." I give a side grin.

"Ah yes Brendon Urie. Right this way." We walk into a room where boys and girls are paying. Very typical. Boys playing with boys, girls playing with girls. Boys having fun rough housing. Girls playing dress up and dollies.

"Listen up children! We have a special guest today." All the kids stop playing and look straight at me and Spencer. It was kind of creepy. "Line up!" All the kids follow the lady's order.

"I'll leave you to it. Just go up to a child and ask politely to talk to them. Any problems just press this button." She hands me a button that I'm guessing goes to here to come back into the room.

"Thank you." She smiles at me and Spencer and walks out.

"Well hi, my name is Brendon. This is Spencer." All the kids go back to playing.

"Hey what about him?" Spencer points to a kid with blue eyes and black hair. He's playing monster trucks with another kid who looked half his age.

"Hey uhh excuse me?" He points to himself in confusion. I nod as he puts down the truck and walks to me. "Hello."

"Hi." I wave over to a bench that was on the side of the wall.

"Let's go sit." He nods and follows. Well behaved, ok. "What's your name?"

"Jake." He has a nice big smile on his face. I can tell he's happy.

"And how old are you Jake?"

"10." That's a little high. I'm looking for a kid who's at least in the 3-6 range.

"Well Jake what do you like to do?"