Chapter 1

"Oh mom! Can I please go see what it's like? I promise I'll be back real quick! I just need to see, then I'll stop begging!" I followed my mom through the castle halls to her study. She turned around quickly, her sparkling cape hitting my shins. I stared at her with my big blue eyes, silently pleading.

I had dreamed of going to the Isle of the Lost for years, I just needed to see what life there was like. Did Belle and the Beast give them good places to live, did they deliver them food at least once a month? I was curious about anything and everything, and I needed to learn anything I could about the Isle.

"Fine, you can go, but you can only stay for three hours. If you stay too long, you start to follow their evil ways." Mom leaned down to my level and put her hands on my shoulders. "And always be aware of your surroundings. If you feel threatened, use your powers. Don't hesitate. I can't lose you like we lost your father."

"I know mom, and I promise." I held out my pinkie finger and we pinkie promised, a smile on my face and a grim look on my mom's.

She took a deep breath and called for two guards.

"Yes, Queen Elsa?" They rushed to my sides and stared at Mom.

She just rolled her eyes at their stiff behavior, "Take Ella to the carriages, then to Fairy Godmother, she will know what to do then. Keep a close eye on her, and thank you." She then turned back to me, "Please be careful Ella, I love you." Mom hugged me and I whispered an 'I love you, too' in her ear, before pulling out of the embrace and taking off down the corridors towards the carriages.

I picked out my favorite carriage, a light blue one that I practiced my powers on with beautiful ice decorations, and we were off to Fairy Godmother.

Before I knew it, I was on the Isle of the Lost, and it was nothing like I imagined. Shabby buildings, some were barely standing, others were only tents. Everyone had rags as clothes, and the only kids with nice clothing were children of villains. Someone was bathing outside, and someone else was scrounging for crumbs on the filthy ground.

I wandered around for a while, just taking in everything. I was so lost in my thoughts that I walked right into someone. I looked up and saw a woman wearing a white fur coat with black dots, black and white pants, red heels, and black and white hair.

"My, my, what do we have here? Are you a child of Auradon?" She never gave me any time to respond before she grabbed my arm and drug me into a tall building that was better maintained than the others. I shot out the hand she didn't grab to use my powers and make her let go of me, but only small flurries shot from my hands. No ice, not even snow!

"Foolish child, magic doesn't work here on the Isle of the Lost." The lady said, gripping harder on my arm. I squirmed and screamed to be free of her grasp, but nothing worked.  No one stopped the woman, no one cared.  She opened a door with a flight of stairs going down into a basement instead of a room, and almost threw me into it, when a voice from behind us stopped the woman in her tracks.

"Leave her alone! She meant no harm, mom!" I turned my head over my shoulder to see a boy about my age, with freckles covering his face and dalmatian-like hair, standing a couple feet behind us. I felt the grip of his mother leave my arm and I ran to cower behind the boy.

"What have you done, my boy! She was going to be your new tail!" I squealed and fell to the floor, a hand covering my mouth. His new tail? What does that even mean?

"I don't need a new anything! She's an innocent girl, I surely don't want her hair hanging from my belt!" The boy and his mother argued back and forth, and I tried to see what the boy was talking about. Sure enough, I found a black and white tail hanging from his belt.  I looked like a dog's tail.