Chapter Twenty Six

The story has a blue cover with a little girl playing with some dolls and toys. It is a short story for children and the book is the size of my palm. There are two pages about the publishing date, copyrights and stuff. I started reading.

"Thanks for the new doll, dad" Rose said happily.

 one page later:

"When you hit the doll she decided not to trust you anymore. You broke the magical bond, Rose." Rose looked at her wise grandmother with tears in her eyes."Oh dear!" Her grandmother said and  she cupped Rose's little face. "Regret fixes nothing, it only deepens the wound." Her grandmother added. Rose smiled a little and whipped away her tears. "Besides, I'll tell your father to buy you a new one" Her grandmother smiled warmly.  

    So, it is about a girl (Rose) who got a new doll that can talk like people. The doll told Rose that she only talk to people that treat her well cause that's why she trusts them and so she talks to them  fearlessly. One day, Rose hit the doll in a moment of anger and that's when the doll stopped talking to her. Rose visited her wise grandmother with her parents and her grandmother explained to her that when you treat a doll well, a magical bond is formed between you and your doll but Rose destroyed it.

    Does Zack mean to tell me that I broke our  magical bond because I didn't trust him? Or does he mean to say that he  broke it cause he simply got away? Or does he want to deliver another message, a message that I don't understand? Regret fixes nothing, it only deepens the wound. I regret Lux's death, but she isn't back. It's the same with Zack. Even though we still don't know whether he's dead or alive, he promised me that he'd be there when I need him and I believe it.  

  Home, few hours after lunch:

"So, that's what Zack didn't want to tell me?" I gasped. "That he didn't go to college?"

"Yes" mom said. "Just calm down" I felt her hands on mine dragging me gently to let me sit down on the sofa beside her but I stood still. " We still don't know anything about him. He's not really dead"  

"So, that's what he simply obscured?" I ask.

"Yes" She replied. "But he told your dad about it when he visited him." She added.

"He also visited dad?" I gasp again.

"Once" She said. "You were at school."

"He just thought that I hurt his pride? That I shouted at him for that? Instead of supporting him? You know how I look like now, mum? I look like the 'bad' girl." I explain. "And you know what?" I say angrily like I'm blaming her. "I don't have the chance to explain to him anything. To tell him that .... that I'm sorry" I fell on the sofa and I'm really tired of crying.

"He just didn't want to make you feel pity for him or-"

"I know" I interrupted her. "Just stop talking about it, please" I say without looking at her. "This is the worst feeling ever" I say weakly and let the tears fall.

"I just want to tell you that he-" her hand reached for mine again "isn't confirmed to be dead"

"But not alive either. Even if he is, he isn't in my world anymore" I cry.

Four Weeks Later

        I've finally passed my school exams and I have plans for going to college to study law. Josh helped me a lot with studying because during that times I was out of it, stress, memories and anger. Me and Jessie are on the best terms ever regarding that we didn't hear from each other for a while. Even though, we went our separate ways, I'm still friends with Nina and Becky. I still read Zack's letter, poem and short story almost every day. I also still listen to the songs that he sent on the CD. He chose some of my favourites: Let Her Go,Beating Heart and others.

      Some police officers in Polina got fired for 'not doing well' according to magazines and newspapers but Becky told me that some of them are those who got paid to close Sasha Foster's case.  Whenever I visit Lux's grave, I pass by Hayley's as well. 

  Right now I'm standing in front of the river, in the very spot where I met Zack Fields for the first time. The weather is a little bit sunny. I close my eyes , listen to the birds and enjoy the warm breeze. I still don't know anything about him willingly , I mean I can work, investigate and ask till I find out anything helpful but I'm afraid of knowing the truth "Sometimes things are better for you when they aren't clear"  Oh dear Hayley. I smile sadly to myself at her memory.  Haven't I really grown up to a different girl? I'm now without Hayley, without Lux and without school. Isn't it bad?

"When you believe in fate, everything feels better"  . Even though he's not here, his comforting words always find a way to my heart..... 

Author's Note: Thank you guys for the support even though I wish for more comments. xD

Please, guys this the last chance I just want you to tell me what you think about the last chapter and how you think it should have ended in your opinion.

 Don't forget to vote :) :)