Chapter Twelve

I changed my clothes in a minute,grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to get out but the door bell rang. I walked towards the door slowly but I realized it is dad.  

     "Is your mother OK? Where is Edward?" He asked and he is really out of breath . "Mom is getting ready and she said Edward is kidnapped" I answered quietly. "Dad, I think I know where he is. Dad, please, I must go to Zack. We can help him but me going to aunt is useless" I said, hoping he would understand, and surprisingly he did. It was weird how dad easily believed that I could help but I don't care. He gave me a nod "Go" he said calmly. I hugged him fast and rushed to Zack's house.

        I rang the door bell and knocked on the door hard but he didn't answer. What if I have to go alone? Will I be able to handle it? I begin to walk away with tearful eyes cause I know I would never make it alone. "Ash" he shouted. He ran over to me with some unrelated clothes on. "Sorry, I was in the shower. Where you going? What's wrong? " he asked worriedly . "She wasn't after you, Zack, she was after Edward. She has already kidnapped him. We're out of time, if we even have time" I yelled. I tried to take my breath " I can't do it alone". I continued. "Wait wait, you mean your cousin? " he asked. "Hurry up" I shouted. "OK OK, wait a minute" he said as he ran to his house again. I was about to smash my face cause we literally have no time, she may be already killing him right now. He came back instantly with a small black bag.

        "Just turn left" that was me in Zack's car, guiding him to the place. When we finally arrived I turned my phone flashlight on but Zack got a torch out of the little bag and it was strong but I didn't turn off my phone so we got a strong illumination. The place is still dark, cold and quiet as it was. I can hear our breaths and our footsteps. I can see Zack's surprised face. Somehow, I feel like I wasn't that surprised when I got here for the first time. I know it's weird but I think the place offers some kind of safety. "Oh God" he murmured to himself. "Over there. There's only one garage here" I said, pointing towards the garage that I know very well. He directed the flashlight the same way I pointed and we entered the garage together.

             We looked everywhere and tried to hear any whisper but we couldn't hear or see anyone. "Perhaps, she took him to another place this time." He said looking at me and I noticed his fear through the cone-shaped light. "No, I'm sure"I replied. He tried to say something else but a voice stopped him. "What was that?" He asked under his breath. "Shhh" is all I have him as an answer. We followed the sound until it became clearer and clearer gradually. At first , it seemed like someone was having a hushed fight ,then we could hear him screaming, cursing ,kicking and calling!!

          "You coward" he shouted. "Edward? " that was me running over to him. "What happened? " I asked as I tried to set him free from all the handcuffs and chains. I noticed a little scratch on his arm. "That coward, you shouldn't have even come. He is a real coward and he did nothing. He wasn't even going to do anything " he said looking mostly at Zack and I could notice that embarrassment was taking over him . "I know I know" I whispered. Edward stood limply and Zack pushed off the dust but Edward slumped back. "It's okay" he said harshly.

        "What happened? " I asked him again. "It's nothing. I was on my way while that coward tried to beat me up but he couldn't so he injected me--" "He? " I interrupted. "Yes, it sounded like a he " Edward stopped walking with us towards Zack's car "And how did you know where I am?" He asked looking at me while Zack was already in front of the car. "It's complicated. I will tell you later. " I replied and hurried towards the car to escape from Edward's curiosity.

        I wondered why it was so easy to save Edward. I mean we didn't fight or face anyone. Saving a kidnapped person was a piece of cake. I imagined a lot of different things and dramatic movie scenes but it is just like that until something made me change my mind.

       I tried kicking but it didn't leave me alone. That's a hooded figure that caught my arms before I could open the car's door and both Edward and Zack didn't move. "Help" I shouted . As they both walked nearer the figure suddenly evaporated into the air. The coward, she ran.

      "What was that?" Edward asked. "She was about to get me and you both just stood there!!"I yelled at both of them. "What da hell? I saw nothing, Ash" Edward said genuienly surprised. " It was dark and the torch kind of---" Zack stopped then carried on "you know" he just shrugged.

        It was a long ride till we finally arrived home. Zack dropped Edward at his house and I didn't even go with him. I stayed silent most of the night thinking about that hooded figure and Zack's and Edward's reactions.