Chapter Twenty three

"Nothing is over yet" Nina repeated. They were all standing beside a car. It is Jessie's car. They were all wearing jackets and pullovers so I felt colder. Jessie rushed and gave me a hug "You thought I'd let you do stupid things on your own?" She said laughing!! Becky is twisting Hayley's arms and I could see Hayley's pained expression. She's done something wrong as I did believe."They are planning for this" Nina said looking at Brad then at Hayley. She stepped towards me and Jessie and I could see she's holding her mobile phone and its flashlight is turned  on, even though it's useless cause of Jessie's car lights. "Don't you ever believe a word of what he's just said" she said looking at me in the eye seriously and gave me what felt like an encouragement nod.

 "What is that?" Brad exclaimed. "What the hell are you all doing? you're ruining it." he looked at Hayley "We agreed that we'd tell her, let her face the music and now you're lying to her again. She's crazy and she suffers from schizophrenia" he shouted. "I can prove it. You aren't stupid, you know. Give me another explanations if you can" He folded his arms eying  Hayley with accusation.

"She already did" Becky laughed at him and she twisted Hayley's arm which made her give a short yet loud scream. That was harsh.

"You all helped me." He shouted. "They all helped me" he repeated looking at me now. "They gave me your secrets, told me about your family and your mother. They can't deny it. It's also your mother. She's the one who gave you this, she kept filling your head with these thoughts of doing what's right until you kept not only judging people but also punishing them, and that's why you killed the drug dealer and that's why you killed Sasha cause your mother hated her, cause she thought of her cruelly until you finally got Schizophrenia, it represents the shield that can protect you from yourself when you do it and kill somebody. Didn't you feel kind of safe when you came here?" He asked loudly "Didn't you?" he shouted.

I did  I thought to myself but I looked at the girls instead waiting for their defense.

"Nice performance" Nina said clapping.

"Yeah he's really convincing, isn't he?" Jessie looked at Nina smiling yet pretending to be serious.

"I almost believed it" Becky laughed.

I'm about to laugh, too. He's wrong and they know it. I never felt any happier. I'm not crazy, I'm not a killer and my friends are all around me. I'm about to cry out of gratitude.

"Brad!!" Becky exclaimed "Don't you understand? Game is over. You didn't choose your players well" She said looking at Hayley. "The poor girl ruined it". Hayley cried harder

"Why?" I cried at Hayley. "We were friends"

"I had to do it" She shouted and released herself forcefully from Becky's grip. "Or he'd be executed. " she sobbed. "I can't lose him. You kept doing your silly investigations and we had to get you out of his way."

"Who is he?" I asked her pitifully

"That's what we've been trying to know" Jessie shrugged.

"If you tell me, then we won't harm him." I said patting on her shoulder.

"Then why would you like to know?" She said staring at me. "Kill me but I won't say it." She shouted. "It isn't you. You aren't crazy, I can explain what we've done" She said looking at me. "But I won't tell you about him. I can't" She sobbed even harder

"I'm out of here" Brad said raising his hands and took his bag. "You!! I always thought that you'd mess everything up but he didn't listen" He said to Hayley as his figure faded away.

"Who put the paper on the desk, Hayley?" I asked looking down at her. She was sitting on the floor but I was standing still.

She looked up at me and said "Mrs. Green"

Author's Note: I hope you leave your comments, guys. Please, don't forget to vote :)