Chapter Nine

I didn't even think about it twice.  I knocked on his door and he is wide awake, holding a cup of coffee, and smiling warmly.  "Come in" he said kindly.
      "It's a little cold outside" I said explaining the shivering. "Climate changes" he laughed.  "Warm coffee?" He offered and before I  could even say yes, he waved his hand saying "sure". I waited silently as Zack was making me a cup of coffee. He handed me the cup " You have school tomorrow" he winked at me. I laughed. "But this is important" I said holding the phone I found there. "What is this? " he asked genuienly interested.  "As you expected, I found a note telling me to go to the garage, where Sasha was killed, but it didn't say the address,though" I say handing him the phone. "And you went there?" He asked surprisingly.  "Yeah" I said looking at the ground.
       I have been telling Zack about everything. I can't even believe it myself.  It's very weird.  Jessie is my best friend and Josh knows me the most and knows who I am truly more than anyone but it's  Zack who made me  feel safe to tell him about every single creepy detail in my life. I've told him about Sasha's murder, the paper that was left on the table at school, how Lux exactly died and how Hayley has been acting these days.  So, he has been helping me and expecting the next steps. 
        He checked the phone out and turned it on. He kept tapping and shuffling through the screen looking sometimes surprised and sometimes smiling. "Just keep it with you. In your pocket or in your bag.  Trust me" he said handing me the phone without even looking at my hand, maybe because he is overthinking about it.
       Minutes later,  I left his house.  I entered my bedroom, put the phone on my bedside table  and slept peacefully without talking to anyone.
           I wash my face quickly and walk to school. Zack has told me to try and overhear any conversation between Hayley and anyone-specially Brad- and tell him about it. After our third period, I noticed Hayley and Nina standing in a corner but they were talking about Mrs. Adams and her dramatic style,  school subjects and clothes. Hayley kept talking about stuff like that until I was about to lose hope but then I found her talking to Brad.  Zack has also told me to keep something I don't wear at school in my locker to put on when I stand near Hayley so that I don't catch her attention so I brought a black beanie and a purple jacket , that was a little exaggerating, but I have to take care cause Brad isn't dumb at all. 
        "You're  about to spoil everything" he shouted under his breath.  "Well,  what do you expect?  I feel like I killed  her . If I hadn't done this,  she wouldn't have died. I hated her but never truly wished for her death" she said weakly. "What have you done , Hayley?" He asked. " I led her to the place where she was killed" she said and she started to cry quietly. That was enough to hear. 
     I headed towards the locker and put my beanie and my jacket but Becky popped up and said " you cold? " narrowing her eyes while looking at the beanie and jacket  in my locker .  I closed my locker quickly and locked it. "A bit" I said , forcing a smile.  "Anyway, we are going to McDonnold's after school. You coming? " She asked nicely.  "Sure" I said excitedly. 

           Zack told me that I need to go out and forget about theses dark events that are happening in my life  these days. We went out and I enjoyed the fast food,  honestly.  Hayley was trying to avoid me as much as she can but I don't care.  Finally,  I know what she did ,  she led Sasha to that place where she got killed  but the question is: why did she do so? And why is she telling Brad?  Did he ask her to do so? . I'm walking home now and I can't wait to tell Zack about it all cause I he's the only one who can explain,  conclude and then decide.  He has a perfect mind.