Chapter Seven

I wake up and get ready for school. I wash my face and get out. My mom didn't call for breakfast. She doesn't call at all actually. I wonder if she's mad at me. Does she think I'm really the reason of Lux's death? I walk to school with a lot of thoughts and questions in my head. Me and Zack are on very good terms right now. Edward and I still text but mentioning Zack pisses him off. Aunt Helena visited us yesterday and tried to talk to mom. Emma and Emily changed a lot with me. I heard a hushed conversation, about me, between them but I wasn't so sure. Do they think I killed Lux? They used to understand me and they would never think that way. But there's no other explanation. In fact, I  think I   killed Lux and probably I should live no more with my guilt.

           I finally arrive at school, expecting getting dressed-down for my absence but it seems that even Mr. Gordon knows about Lux. I take a look at his office and notice an argument between him and Brad as usual. The girls were talking about silly and unimportant topics with their dramatic voices and their  Oh-No-facial expressions. Hayley was silent.

         "Have any of you heard further details about Sasha's murder?" I ask out of the blue, focusing my eyes on Hayley's. I see perplexed and terrified look in her black eyes . "Have you, Hayley?" I ask her directly. "Well we almost forgot about that. Ash, you have to promise me that you'll stop caring about that. She was our mate and we can do nothing but pray for her. Leave that business for the cops and for her parents, if  they even care" Becky said quickly.

         "God! I was talking to her" I said  "What's wrong with you, Ash? What if you were talking to her and I replied? I'm not defending her I'm just trying to explain my point of view." she half yelled. "Why would you defend her, Becky?" I said quietly narrowing my eyes. She pursed her lips tightly and then I looked at Hayley "I know what you've done and I didn't expect this" She rushes to the W.C with her tears. Becky shot me a blaming glance and followed her.

          I cocked my hair up and sighed. "What is it you know, Ash?" Jessie asked "And how did you know it?" Nina continued. "That business is for the cops. Don't bother yourselves" I said imitating Becky's voice. Jessie tilts her head slightly but she doesn't say anything.  I don't know anything I just said that to make sure of my suspicions and it's obvious that Hayley has done something wrong and I have to know it. I just keep watching the boys and girls come, go, scream, laugh and cry until I notice Hayley walking up to Brad saying a couple of words and walking away quickly leaving his jaw dropped. Very well, it's also Brad now  I think to myself

         I finally arrive home and I have an eager desire to talk to someone about Hayley, Brad and Becky but there's nobody to hear. I suddenly remember Josh and text him "Need to talk can I see u? " an instant  message arrived "Sure!!! Meet me in the café I'll be there in half an hour :) "

      "Hey, mate. It's been a long long time, ha?" That was him standing and greeting me. He arrived five minutes earlier . He hasn't changed a lot. His hair is still brown and long. His eyes were still smiley as they used to be and his voice is still wise and fun in the same time. "What would you like to drink?" he offered "Anything" I replied waving my hands and he ordered two cups of coffee. "So?" he asked. "You remember Sasha? Sasha Foster?" I asked him  "Sure thing" he said laughing. "You never stopped talking about her. She's a pretty bully and you wonder why she's still alive" he continued and my heart skipped a beat at his last words. "She's murdered" I said and his face changed regretting his earlier laughter "What?!! " he asked. "It's been more than 2 weeks" I said, trying to relieve him. "I suspect that the killer is someone we know. Probably at our high school" I say. He laughed and said "A killer in Polina's high school!!. Don't be silly" and he shook his head drinking some of his coffee. "It makes sense, Josh." I said.

           "Well" he sighed, preparing himself for the long talk. " This is so you, Ash. You've always been fond of the idea of judging people" I look at him with wide eyes but he raised his hand and carried on " Not in a bad way but it's like you're convinced that you have to judge people and you should  do the right thing that others may not bother themselves doing. You think you have to search for the killer. No, you only have to study and hang out cause that's not your job. You always bother yourself with such things. I know you, Ash. I know you since you were obsessed with Disney princesses" he said smiling. "We shouldn't judge people, Ash. We can change them but we can't judge them" he continued.  I take a sip from my coffee cup, giving myself a break, and think about his words. I've never told him about my mother's theory and that means that I really act like her cause he noticed it by himself but that's not the reason why I bother myself with the killer, the real reason is that she  is after me. I can't tell him about that, however. 

             "Who do you even suspect, by the way?" he asked with the same smile. "Hayley" I said instantly  in a confident tone. He kept laughing out loud and it really pissed me off. "Hayley?!I know all of your friends. This girl wouldn't harm a fly." He said with the ghost of his laughter on his face. "She may have just helped. Look, Josh, whatever you think, this girl  has done something wrong and I have to know it. I talked about the murder and it scared the hell out of her. She rushed to the W.C crying and that's not a normal reaction, is it?" I said in a challenging way. "Well, perhaps because Sasha died before Hayley could get close to her and you know that she's very sensitive." he said in way that looked like he was explaining a scientific fact. "Oh! Please!" I beg. "What are you talking about? Becky defends her whenever I talk to her and Becky is the secret keeper of our group, you know. Look I'm sorry for filling your head with such things." I said holding my bag and prepared to leave but he said two words that caught my attention "Honest liar" .

             I turned around "What?" I asked. "Sit down, Ash" he said in his wise tone and I obeyed.  "I know it when you are truly facing a problem and when it's just some false thoughts. I know it from your eyes. I know if you are in real  trouble." he said pointing with his finger to my eyes. Can he be right? But no, I'm in real trouble  I think to myself.

      "Why aren't the cops investigating, by the way?" He asked. "What?" I asked absent-mindedly. I  never really thought about it. Is it true that Sasha's parents don't care like Becky said?! The whole situation is illogical. "I don't know" I simply said.

           I finally decided to leave and Josh insisted to drive me home but I want to walk alone. On my way, I feel some movements and hear voices that disappear as I turn around and finally I saw something on the ground. Something that brought ache and guilt.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Wait for chapter eight, guys. Vote and leave your comment, please. It means a lot . I f you can offer some tips, I'd be thankful :)