Chapter Four

I look at it carefully   "What the hell is going on? What the hell do you want from me? If you want to kill me just do it but don't keep doing this!!!" I shout at the walls that look creepier than ever and feel tear drops roll down my cheeks. I'm out of my  mind but that's really insane, I lost my hat during  running after the damn thief and here it lies on my bed. I can't contain this anymore.

    I heard footsteps and I knew mom was coming. I quickly adjusted my state.

"Get ready, we're going to your aunt"

   I just think I'm not able to listen to Aunt Helena's endless stories about her childhood and even her cat's death.

    I try to control my shaking hands and open my wardrobe. I pick up my jeans and a plain pink blouse.

   I look in the mirror and  I'm a wreck. My eyes are narrower than they have ever been. Crying and sleeping destroyed what once were a pair of wide grey eyes. I have my father's eyes and I honestly like them.

  I open the drawer and get my makeup packet, the one mom said I feared to touch, making fun of how I don't look after myself.

   Only mom can rock eye makeup. She's got big brown eyes with an irresistable little glare in them, they tend to have a small orange spark under the sunlight.

     I begin to bring back memories of our old visits to Aunt Helena and slowly  forget about the killer.

I take a last useless look in the mirror 'Still ugly ' I think to myself. I head to the living room. I temporarily feel safe with mom,dad and Lux around.

As I entered the room, I noticed that I interrupted a hushed conversation between mom and dad. She forces a  smile and nods.

Lux was standing beside the wall but she  stumbled  as she was struggling with her shoes laces."Here you are" I say helping her and then she looks at me "Are you  hurt?"she asked.

"Nope" I smirk at her.

"Let's go"mom said as she shoved her cell phone and wallet insider her packed brown handbag .

      Dad went first, I followed him  holding Lux's little hands  but as we were getting out mom lingered inside the room.

We waited in  the car  and she came few minutes later.

"Anything wrong?" Dad asked mom quietly.

"I forgot my phone" she said.

What????  I think to myself. God knows what mom's up to.

        I glued my face on the window just like I used to do as a kid and watched the streets.

I noticed the ''For sale" sign on the house next to us. It's great that we currently don't have any neighbors.

       It was the world's most silent car ride ever and I tried to break that awkward silence, blaming myself for that.

   If that person wants to destroy my life, I'm here but I'll never let him destroy my family's.

"Wanna hear a song, Luxie?'' I forced a smile.

                **********************
       "Lilyyyyyyy!!"Aunt Helena cheered loudly as she opened the door.

   She was wearing a black blue apron above her white  sundress.

   She didn't change, she was still the way I saw her four years ago, maybe she has lost few pounds.

  Her hair is as long as it is , a brunette without a single white curl and she has the same brown eyes as mom

  She scooped Lux up and hugged me "Miss you, kids. You have grown up!!" she said joyfully.

"How are you, Arthur?" she asked dad nicely.

"Great, Helena. What about you and John?" he asked as we entered the house.

        Fried chicken, that is the first thing that I saw or rather smelt when I entered.

I looked at the plate and tried not to stare . I was about to take a look around the house to see the changes when I heard a familiar voice screaming "Ash!!!!! I miss you so so much. I have got a lot to tell you" that was Emma, my cousin.

  She grabbed my hand with extra enthusiasm that it hurt a bit but I didn't draw it.

  "C'mon c'mon" she yells. "Look who is here !!" she shouts at her sister Emily

           *************************
       It is 12:00 am  and mom comes in warning me that I have school tomorrow and we can't stay any longer.

   "I don't want you to leave" Emily sound genuine.

"Neither do, I, Mom" I shrug .

"You have got my number ,we'll keep in touch. Text me" Edward, my cousin said.

   "I will" I say,' I will ' I murmur to myself this time .

       When I finally return home, I lie on my bed .

   As I close the door, I suddenly hear a sound , the volume turns up gradually and I recognized it. 'Move like Jagger ' there is no mp3, my cell phone is in my hand, nothing at all not even a radio can produce this .

   When it came to the line 'Look into my eyes and I'll own you'  it kept repeating itself that it was unbearable now, I was acting crazy and in the background I could hear Lux's laugh and giggles.

  I kept searching for the source relentlessly but there is nothing , I cover my ears but I can still hear it

Look into my eyes and I'll own you

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh" I scream but in vain

Look into my eyes and I'll own you

"No!!" I yell

 Look into my eyes and I'll own you

"Stop" I shout

Look into my eyes and I'll own you

   Then a cold voice begins to talk . I can't hear it clearly but then I began to concentrate it said "He's dead" a cold voice that sounded familiar , it was a female !!

I suffered to take my breath but then everything went dark .

Author's note: Who do you think she is? And who do you think is dead?