Chapter Twenty Four

Author's note:

I'm in love with this soundtrack so I thought about uploading this video and I know it kind of suits this chapter since most of the truth is finally revealed :) Enjoy :)

    Chapter Twenty Four

"What?" I shouted. The others didn't seem really surprised so, I guess that she already told them everything before talking to me.

"She needed the money. She's just a high school cleaner and Mr. Gordon never pay them enough. We paid her and she put the paper while you fell asleep" Hayley explained

"That's why she told us to leave you asleep" Nina remarked.

"Exactly" Jessie said to Nina with an affirmative nod . "She was careful we don't wake you up"

"Which is stupid." Nina laughed." There were many other ways to make you receive that paper. If they hired one of these naughty kids  that are everywhere nowadays, he would have done something cleverer" Nina said in a jokey tone. 

They laughed at that and I just smirked, I'm still listening to the story and trying to swallow the idea of Mrs. Green doing something like that.

"And why did you put that paper in first place?" I folded my arms looking at Hayley.

"We were sure that either way you'd work on that, finding out the murderer, so we made sure that later you'd think that you just imagined things" She said to the ground that she's still siting on.

 I step backwards a little in order not to let her look humiliated as she isreally close to my feet.

"Who is that person you care so much about that you, Hayley became able to  plan things with Brad ?!!" I asked her in a surprised tone.

Hayley isn't really stupid but she's not that clever and she's always been goody two shoes and I can't even imagine her and Brad sitting around a table and planning things together. Maybe he forced her but it is stupid that he chose Hayley.

"And the drug dealer?" I asked

"To make you believe that it's just your mother's words that caused you Schizophrenia and you became obsessed with the right thing to do that you killed a man because you knew he's a drug dealer and-" She started crying "it was Brad who followed you not m-"  she sobbed

"I know" I shouted impatiently. I began to soften my voice a  little, it's hard not to feel pity for Hayley "Who killed him?

"I can't " she whispered.

"It's the same person who killed Sasha anyway" I told her and I'm sure of it.

"Sure" Jessie shouted a little cheerfully like she didn't just jump to a conclusion but won a championship. She got off the car and left the other girls walking up to me and I could smell her perfume as she approached. Damn!  The weather is really cold. "Sure thing, Ash" she continued. "They played it really well" She said looking at Hayley which only made her cry harder.

"You don't understand" Hayley cried. "I told you before that everything you see isn't always what it seems" The crying took over that she was breathing in harsh sniffs and jerks.  " I helped you, I-I- I really  did" she sobbed. " I put *sob* the mobi- *sob* the mobile phone in the garage because *sob* I was afraid that you'd kill yourself *harder sob* I put these photos to let you think about all these good times and I put these quotes to stop you from thinking about it" She said with a soft voice now.

       She was looking at me in the eyes for the first time since she came here . I remember the quotation Death isn't your choice, your life isn't just about you. If you end it, you'll remove huge parts of other people's lives. The words that did stop me from killing myself when I was at my worst times, were sent by Hayley, the same person who made it seem like my worst times. I knelt to the ground and sat in front of her.

"You sent that phone, Hayley? With the quotations ? And the photos?" I asked her sweetly like I was talking to a child. I felt Jessie walking away and joining the others.

"Yes" She murmured. " I'm not lying, Ash. I love you, I love these day that we spent together but you don't know why I'm doing this. Please" she started to cry again. "Please, don't hate me" she said with burnt out eyes in a crying tone. I gave her a quick hug.

"Don't know what to say. I can't let myself believe you again" Becky said and I heard her footsteps . "You let me defend you and protect you but I do regret it'' . Hayley looked up at her and just whispered "Please"

"What about" I  break down before I mention his name "Zack?"

"He never was a psychologist." She said shamefully. "Brad followed both of you and knew that he lived next to you. I told him that you were really close and he made this up. He texted you all of these anonymous messages and photo shopped Zack's photos. " 

"Where is he now? Where's Zack?'' I asked her impatiently.

 "We don't even know about him anything except that he was a close friend"  More than a friend  I think to myself. "And he lives next to you. Nothing more" She cried. " I swear"

I stand up "I forgive you for everything, Hayley" I said "But... never this one" I purse my lips as I feel the burning tears dancing all over my cold face. "I would have forgiven you if you let me think about killing myself but I would never forgive you for that. " I say harshly. "NEVER" I shout at her preventing myself from kicking her or yanking her hair. "You could have just let me die but never let me live to see this moment coming." I break down and I feel the others putting their hands on my shoulder and wrapping me in their arms providing me with warmth and care that would never return him back. I cry harder at the thought.  

"And Lux?" I ask her.

   I suddenly hear a loud voice that made us all slump back and I screamed along with the others. It is a gun shot!! 

Author's Note: Please, leave your comments :) Don't forget to vote :)