Chapter Twenty Two

"What is important?" I asked worriedly. 

"Telling you everything before you cause any other damage" Brad said cruelly. He was still holding his flashlight  with stretched hands at the level of his nose.

"What?" I ask. Am I causing damage? Have I harmed Josh wile I was with him or something? I haven't been with anybody theses days.

"We don't have much time." He said quickly. He took a deep breath then began to talk: "The thing is,  you wanted to know who killed Sasha Foster. You asked, investigated, searched and unfortunately suspected" He was counting the four phases on his fingers causing the beam of light to move crazily then lowered his hand again."I wanted to know, too. I did the same and tore up the internet for the smallest pieces of information, went to the police stations, talked to officers and bribed them to tell me whatever they  know." He said

"You look fine for someone who's done all of that" I smirk. He is wearing fine clothes even though I can't tell their colors in the half dark area he's standing in. He is wearing a half-zipped dark jacket , probably dark blue, a white t-shirt and the light didn't allow me to notice his pants but certainly he's wearing jeans. 

"People helped" he replied instantly like it was a prepared answer so I felt that somehow he expected that remark.

I turn serious and red. "Don't tell me you care about Sasha that much" I say

"Neither do you" He smirked devilishly. "Curiosity is what mostly moves us either  in good ways ... or bad ones."He lowered his flashlight, taking a better look at my face. " I also guessed that the killer must be someone among us, I guess I was right" he continued. 

What sort of game is this? Devilish looks then warms smiles or fake sympathy."And?" I ask impatiently.

He just shrugged. He looked at his left side suspiciously for a moment then turned to look at me again. "It's you, Ash" he finally said quietly. "You  killed Sasha Foster, you pushed Lux , you kidnapped Edward and you killed the drug dealer in the dark alley " He explained.

"How do you know about that? How do you know that that man's death had something to do with me ?" I asked defensively.

He gave a weak and fake shrug. "Told you I worked hard on it" he shrugged again nervously. "That's not our point, though" He remarked quickly.

      He began to move in circles around me so the beam of light kept dancing around crazily lightening up a part of the place and darkening the other part and vice versa. The circle in which he is moving in kept getting smaller until he is close enough to let me feel the warmth of his breathing and feel it blowing against head - he's much taller- and able to smell his perfume. It smells great but it made me want to throw up and I don't know why."Schizophrenia" He finally whispered to my ear blowing hot air that made me shiver a little.

      This is an 'expected' surprise. I knew I'm not mentally healthy but never thought about Schizophrenia, though. I won't doubt it after knowing about Zack and hearing that girl whispering into my ears. I remember Lux. "I didn't kill Lux, she did" I cry.

"That's it. There never was a 'she'. It was always you, just you, Ash" He shouted with his back facing me which made me  face the dark again as the beam of light moved away with him. He turned the other way around now with his flashlight facing me and my eyes squinted expelling the imprisoned tears outside .  "It's obvious, Ash"  He continued. "I've searched on the internet for the symptoms and everything ... matches" he finally found the word. 

"Really? Oh!! C'mon!! You know me that well?! You know me well enough that you can see I suffer from schizophrenia?" I shouted at him. I know he's right, I know it's obvious and I know it makes sense but I still want to argue and I still don't want to hear it out of Brad's mouth. It's embarrassing , how I look like an idiot and a fool girl who never knows what she has done  and what she hasn't . A tear escapes my eye again. Damn! I MUST stop crying like children.