Chapter 14

(I'm sorry its short. I guess it's a filler? I'm not sure. I apologize for the shortness.)

I stared for several minutes at Vikk, who didn't dare speak. He seemed puzzled, like he should be given permission to answer me. Was I just that bad to talk to?

"Uh," he stuttered, rubbing his neck awkwardly, "I-He-You ran off after Mitch and I began to fight. I tried to follow you, but Mitch had other plans. It took a near five minutes before I broke away and ran to your house. I found you against the wall of your bathroom," he paused as he began to study me.

So I had cut. I had tattered my skin. I pulled my arms up to look at the tightly wrapped bandages. "I found you with such cut up skin." I gulped down the lump in my throat. I never wanted people to see them, but I guess we don't always get what we want, now do we? "A razor covered in blood was at your feet. I busted into to tears at the sight. Blood was everywhere; the sink, the floor, your clothes and body. I felt like it was my fault. "

I couldn't look at him. What did he think of me? I probably look like some weak, pathetic disappointment. "You were out cold. I called an ambulance and they got there in no time. You barely survived.." he trailed off near the end, covering his mouth with his palms and letting a shaky sigh ring through the air. I finally brought up the courage to gaze into his teary eyes. He looked so broken at this moment. "I was so scared." His voice was so soft as he broke down sobbing and shaking violently.

And all I did was watch, sitting there like the amazing person I am.

How heartless could I be? I am watching as he is breaking before me, and I do nothing but watch. How cruel am I? Pathetic and weak? Can I never do anything right?