Chapter 2

Edited

Everything seemed to slow down as Vikk pulled back a fist and started to swing towards my stomach. I could hear the teachers around us or in the hallways laughing and cutting up, but they didn't even bat an eye or seem to care as Vikk met his knuckles to my abdomen.

I gasped out, curling over myself out of instinct. I whined quietly, stomach a fire of pain as I clutched it in hopes that my touch would ease all the pain.

I could hear the groups' laughs buzzing through my mind, and it was like I wasn't even apart of reality anymore.

"Why haven't you just killed yourself, faggot?" Mitch pointed at me with a chuckle before he kicked me to the knees and made my legs inflame with pain.

Vikk's fingers dropped from my chin, and I collapsed to cradle my burning legs and wrenching stomach. I heard another low comment before a foot was connected to my side and making me curl up more in attempts to protect myself.

Why did I deserve this? Why couldn't everything be normal like it used to me?

Oh, that's right, I'm gay, and for some reason people think it's just right to bully up on me when I'm already insecure enough.

Their remarks grew more violent, their kicking seeming to numb and crack every bone of my body. I cried out through it all, whimpering and sobbing as my body trembled in pain. Pain seemed to fog up every sense I had, and my sadness made me absolutely broken.

Suddenly, it went silent before their footsteps indicated their leave. I would be relieved, happy, but I just couldn't be. I would never be happy again because of them, and I wondered if they even knew the extent of what their actions did to me.

I tried to push myself up, but I couldn't even raise up. I simply collapsed back to the floor with a silent scream, feeling everything just spin around me.

My lip was sucked between my teeth out of habit, and I tried my best to stand again. I grabbed on to the walls for support, and I knew I needed to leave. I couldn't just stay when this pain would surely be the death of me or worse - the guys just might kill me off fully.

My heart pounded in my ears as I stumbled down the hallway, the everlasting flashbacks of happier days blinding my thoughts. When the doors came into sight, I was beyond happy as I stumbled and limped my way to open the door.

Glancing back over my shoulder with the evidence of tears glistening on my cheeks, I shook my head with disappointment and shame and just walked out with my head hung low. I played off the unbearable throbbing and acted as if my leg wasn't injured more serious than a simple bruise.

I had to look believable.

I made it down the sidewalk before I froze up from a laugh behind me. With all my hope of getting home completely washed away, I scrunched up my face and slowly looked over my shoulder to see the five boys standing there in their signature stances.

"Skipping school, I see?" Vikk hummed with his eyebrow raised and a smirk played upon his lips. He was taking small steps towards me, and it was like he did it on purpose to add to my pounding heart and shaking body.

I didn't have a moment to speak before I turned and dashed away from them with the bold statement of a limp in my steps that managed to slow me down. My adrenaline had kicked in, and I knew that I would be numbed until I could make it home.

I sharply jumped around a corner, stumbling as I heard them yelling after my fleeing presence. In a haze of fear, I quickly looked around for an escape or hiding spot and nearly cheered as I saw a crack in the ally way that I used when the situation was too severe.

I ran to it, slipping into the very narrow path and hiding up against the wall to make sure I wasn't seen.

I evened out my frantic breaths and held it as I watched their bodies run past the ally and right in front of the crack with no thought of it being there.

I knew I couldn't go back to school or walk out of this crack and down the ally that they were on, so I looked to my right and continued down the pathway as slow as I wanted. I didn't have to fear them being behind me as they didn't even notice the branch offed ally in the first place.

With the hours rolling by, I cried and began to whimper with the pain coming back into effect. Everything hurt, and slowly I was losing my ability to walk at all. The sky was turning dark with the moon starting to rise, and I knew I could make it home in the cover of the night.

I walked down the streets and towards my home, finding my way up the driveway and to the front door. I reached for the keys in my pocket and unlocked it.

As I closed it behind me, I slid to the floor and looked at the ceiling. Their words continued to run through my mind like a mantra, and I started to feel my tears fall down my face. I cradled my legs against my chest and disregarded the thought of needing medical attention. If I died from this, it wouldn't be so bad.

I closed my eyes and let my sleep drag me other; the last thought in my mind being a hurtful and dark thing.

I wouldn't die from natural causes, from a wreck or any of that sorts.

I felt like in reality, they'd be the death of me, and they wouldn't even feel remorse.