Chapter 16

This chapter is crap. I'm so, so sorry. Fuck, this is so bad. I apologize ;_; I can't come up with anything, so this is sadly the end. I'm so sorry! God, i'm horrible. Can't even end it after 20 chapters.

___________________________

Months passed.

I left the hospital, hand in hand, with Vikk as he signed me out. Those were the happiest moments of my entire life.

We cuddled, hugged, kissed, and even moved in together. School ended, which left us with nothing to do but enjoy each other's company.

Now I'm sat in this hospital room, kicking my legs in complete nervousness. I was called in by my doctor after a check-up last week.

Vikk is at work, which leaves me doubtful to of what is wrong alone.

I freeze when the door opens, a doctor entering with a stern look. His look falls to one of regret as he takes a seat in a chair opposite of me. "Lachlan-" he begins.

As he begins to describe what he is saying, I am in shock. I stay frozen, sadness roaring through me as I stare at him. I want his look to fade, to tell me it's not true and it's a joke, but he holds no evidence of this being false.

I have less than weeks to live.

When I came for the check-up, I do vaguely remember feeling utterly drained, weak to the bone. I had to force myself through pain to do anything. This proves why.

I didn't have much longer.

After he finished telling me, he patted my shoulder reassuringly and left the room, leaving it for me to sign out and go home, but I couldn't. I sat for minutes upon hours just staring, tears breaching my eyes and wanting to drown my cheeks with them.

I stumbled out of the room, teary eyes as I signed my name in cursive for the last time. I walked through the doors, beginning to feel my lip quiver as I stared at the happy families dancing down the sidewalks.

I drove home in silence. As I entered my driveway, I gripped the steering wheel tightly, closing my eyes in pure pain. I didn't want Vikk to see me like this. I didn't want him to see the pain; the utter hurt.

I trembled as I reached for the door handle, gripping it firmly before pulling it towards me and letting it swing open. I stumbled out of my car, hurriedly running to the door so I don't break down on the ground.

I slammed it open, closing it back swiftly as I slid down the wooden surface to the cold floors. I broke right there, hiding my face with shaking, pale hands.

The patter of footsteps neared me as a weight dropped to my side, taking me in their warming embrace.

I felt Vikk rub my shoulders softly as he whispered sweet nothings. I don't know how he will look at me. He'll abandon me for having this sickness. He will leave me to save himself from heartbreak.

That's what I was positive he would do.

"Vikk, I-" I stuttered out, grabbing him harder for what may be the last time I feel his warmth before he leaves. "I don't have more than a few weeks to live." I croaked through a broken tone.

He stiffened, tensed as he loosened his hold on me. Here it was, the time he stands up and walks out. I opened my eyes to see his eyes flooded, cheeks flushed, and his lips shaking. As quickly as I had thought this was the last moment, he had me in his arms tighter than humanly possible as he cried; shaking.

Now I lay in this bed, eyes sealed tight as I feel his hand clasped with mine. I open my dull eyes to meet his glazed, brown ones. His lip quivers as his eyes keep scanning my face for any sign.