Charles double took and raised an eyebrow. He was not expecting that, he had to admit. Elsie looked rather proud with herself. Mainly because she couldn't help but muse over how many other dissertations would involve such a subject. "Clown college." Charles answered her thoughts with a smirk and got a playful hit to the arm for it. "Come on then, clowns? You're going to need to explain this to me, because truthfully; I don't understand." Which he still really didn't. 

"Okay," Elsie gripped onto his arm and tugged him over to one of the sofas which was still within the study. It was pushed to one side slightly, so that there was room for small desks and a selection of seats for the students. But the sofa still remained, mainly because when classes finished in here, Elsie usually took over the space. 

Once Charles asked why she couldn't use one of the other study rooms, and she simply looked at him like he was stupid and answered: "Well you're not in the other study rooms, are you?" Turned out she'd kill two birds with one stone. Seeing as how he marked work in the study, she could work away on her course work and if she needed aid she'd tentatively ask him. 

Honestly she felt rather guilty to begin with when she first started her course. Mainly because she started roughly at the same time as the school reopening. So there was a ridiculous amount of work to do. Not just setting up a time table for the students who were enrolling. But also the few house rules that were in place; curfews, being one major one for example. As well as setting up rooms, both for those sharing and for those not ready to be around other people. Those who had their own rooms had their reasons, either they didn't feel ready to trust to be around others. Or they were just so used to being on their own they'd rather stay like that. Either way, it was a lot of work. And Elsie helped where she could along with doing her course. So naturally when it came to needing help, asking a rather stressed looking Charles wasn't really something she took pleasure in. But him being him, just waved her constant apologies away and helped her.

Over the years he had helped many, and Elsie didn't really know if he had ever truly took time to register that. With a shrug though, she sat and turned her notebook in her hands. Opening it up she looked over her scribbled writing and smiled sheepishly. She really wasn't comfortable explaining her work, or thoughts behind it. Explaining opinions she had no trouble with. 

Thought processes behind something so important? Yes, she struggled, a lot. "Entertainment or nightmare. The role of clowns in Gothic novels."

"You have a title already? Not going to lie, I'm a little envious. Took me weeks to come up with one." Charles said and got a rather happy look sent his way. "No, before you ask, I don't think it's a ridiculous subject. Far from it, I have to agree with the students, it sounds interesting."

"So...you'll volunteer as a proof reader?" Elsie smirked and nudged her shoulder against his.

Charles took her notebook and looked over the brief summary she'd written about her subject. Smiling and shaking his head he looked at her. "I didn't know I had an option to volunteer."

"I never forced you to help..."

"No, you asked and that was enough for me to help you." Charles pointed out simply while shutting her book and placing it to one side. "When do you start?"

"As soon as I've alerted my tutor to me having a plan." Elsie said while leaning her head against his shoulder.

"I can't help but notice how you're not rushing to the phone." Charles leaned his head on top of hers and shut his eyes. He got a hand waved up at him and a thoughtful hum. Catching a hold of her hand, he turned and kissed the top. Staying like that he enjoyed the feeling of her soft hair against his skin, but seeing as how he was the more alert of the two he heard the rushing footsteps before Elsie did.