Chapter 10 (Part One): Edge of a Thunderstorm

"Seriously, Crawford?" Aly said, when Matthew opened the door, already laughing. She stared at the towel around his waist and rolled her eyes, passing right through the actor. "Friendly hint: you should learn how to wear clothes."

He laughed again, throwing himself at the couch and taking a bite of an apple.

"Great tip, except for the fact that you are my girlfriend and mother of my child" he said, clearly mocking her, and then smiled. "By the way, after all that interest you showed about the general, you can't act that puritan anymore."

"It's been a week Crawford, breathe in, breathe out, do the Elsa and let it go!" Alyssa mocked him with a half-smile on her lips.

"It is not like I had so much to forget, if you know what I mean..." The actor replied. "I wasn't something I craved for anyway. I was doing you a favor, so pregnant and needy, the poor thing..."

Before he could continue, the girl burst out laughing, making him roll his eyes and try to hold his own laughter.

"Great way to save what's left of your dignity, Crawford."

"My dignity?" He chuckled. "Woman, please, look at yourself." He added, with a mischievous smile, standing up. When he was almost disappearing by the end of the hall, he turned around and looked at Aly. "But you know... whenever you need to use my body to hormonal purposes, I' not selfish at all." Matt finished, with a wink, making the girl laugh.

"Now, that's the Matthew Crawford we all know and love."

"You more than anybody else," the men smiled, maliciously.

"Keep dreaming, boyfriend." Alyssa giggled. "Now hurry up and go change. We are already shamefully late."

Eleven days later

Matthew looked around the room he was in, where a lot of Hidden Springs staff were running back and forth, always rushing with their own tasks. He had been shooting for almost the entire day and was insanely tired, but he would have to take one more hour inside a CW room to watch the series new episode live with Alyssa, Live Tweeting with the fans.

Oh, the technology.

The actor stared at the clock on the wall, while a makeup artist nearly threatened to rip his head off if he moved. America's sweetheart was late by at least twenty minutes, which wasn't quite normal but he was with no shame at all envying her, because the actress only had to shoot early that morning and then spent the entire day off.

Yet, she managed to be late. He was definitely not a good influence on Alyssa Hayes.

It didn't took long before she walked in the room, followed by her a PR Manager. One of the producers ran to talk to her, but left her alone quickly, and smiling, while Aly walked towards Matthew.

"It would be lovely to know why I don't get any smiles when I'm the one who's late," he muttered, making her giggle.

"Because I still have some moral around here, babe." Aly winked, and Crawford grimaced.

"And how did you managed to get late if you had the entire day off?" He finally asked, curious by the actress act of rebellion. Alyssa simply shrugged, looking for something inside her purse like nothing was actually happening.

"I had to stop by at my gynecologist, which took more than I expected." She answered, while one of the hair stylists was already beginning to shape her hair in smooth waves. Crawford stared at her, frowning.

"Is everything OK?" He asked and Aly began to laugh when the the hairdresser walked away to pick up something. "What?"

She approached his face.