Chapter 7 (Part Two): She's like a one way ticket, 'cause you can't come back

13 days later...

Alyssa got to the studio sooner than the usual and got shocked to see Crawford's car parked right next to her parking spot. It was the third time within two weeks that he had arrived early; there was something very wrong about that. The producer had thanked her, imagining she had something to do with it. Not that it mattered, because at least those days had been pretty peaceful. They even had fun on set, all the paparazzi and the media seemed to be starting to let them go for a while and she was starting to feel like a person again.

Except for the fact that two days from that day she would get in a flight to Tennessee to face her whole family, especially her father, and Crawford hadn't said absolutely nothing else about it. She decided not to provoke another fight and to let the approach closer to the day, but the tickets had already been bought and there was nothing else to do, besides facing the inevitable. Her parents would kill her, for sure, if she showed up there without him. An on the other hand, he had promised, dammit! There was nothing to argue about.

She marched to Matthew's dressing room, which was with the door half opened, and bumped into him lying on the couch, almost asleep.

"You're early." She simply said, and he took his headphone off.

"I was out, there was no time to go home." The actor answered, yawning, and Alyssa suppressed the will to let great news out, but that wasn't going to be a good start for their conversation.

"I see." She responded and Matthew glanced at her in a funny way. "Matthew, I bought our plane tickets for the holidays."

Aly said all at once, making him rub his eyes one more time and then laugh.

"Have I ever said I would go anywhere, by any chance?" He answered, yawning, and Aly rubbed her temples, sitting in front of him.

"Oh, my love, like you love to say... It's not like you had much choice." She smiled. "You remember your promise, don't you?"

Crawford looked at the girl, who seemed oddly secured of herself, and couldn't hold the laugh, thinking where the hell was that attitude on Donna or on any other situation. She only smiled back.

"I remember it very well, love, and I said I'd deal with your father... Although, I don't know if you remember it, I've already had a little chat with him over the phone, which ends my responsibilities in this case."

It didn't take long for him to see her expression change completely, but it was not like he wasn't expecting it.

"That's not fair, Crawford! You have no idea who you're messing with!" Aly blustered.

"Oh really? Show me what I'm messing with then, girlfriend. I'd love to see it." Matt teased, ironic and malicious.

"You're a jerk, an idiot!" She was saying childishly, making him laugh, and then got even more furious. "Stop laughing! Wait and see. Either you make what I'm telling you to do, or I'll make your life a living hell and destroy your much dreamed new image!" She yelled, making him stop. "Douchbag!" She declared, before closing the door with anger, letting the tickets on the table.

"What the hell were you thinking, fuck!" Matthew said loudly and to himself, closing the apartment's door.

Alyssa wasn't kidding. The freaking bitch had simply faked a faint and said behind the scenes to the makeup artists it was his fault, because they had an argument, and of course he got scold by the producer, who said how insensitive he was and and that he needed to grow up a lot before turning into a father. Since the actress was very incapable, she could go home early, meanwhile he stayed there shooting a bunch of extra scenes, like a fool.