Chapter 6 (Part One): Unexpected Call

"Alyssa! Alyssa! What's going to happen with Holly on Hidden Springs now?"

"Your child will be the most loved baby of America since Suri Cruise's birth!"

"Matthew, do you feel ready to be a father?"

"Alyssa! Matthew! Just one photo! Look at me!"

Aly thought she had gone blind for a few minutes with the flashes that were fired in her direction. Only when she was thrown inside the car by one of the body guards, practically in Crawford's lap, she could breath for the first time in all the way from Donna's studio to the car, that seemed to take forever, even if it was a few steps away. That could only be a nightmare.

However, when she finally could look into Matthew's eyes since she dropped the bombshell revelation, she felt her heart race, and the idea of throwing herself into the sea of photographers and fans looked suddenly very attractive.

The deep blue eyes of her costar looked like they were going to catch on fire, and his expression certainly wasn't the best. Aly snapped her fingers, trying to break the silence in a very stupid way, but Matt he kept the visual contact and she was dead sure he was about to murder her.

"Now you will curse me like crazy, won't you?" Aly asked, with her tone much similar to a child's in trouble, before Matthew could open his mouth.

27 minutes before...

"You are right, Donna. I am pregnant." She smiled. "We are having a baby."

Alyssa heard the frightened and ragged sigh of the entire studio all at once, and saw the eyes of her favorite television host goggle; and took a moment to realize the seriousness of what she had done.

Oh my God, she needed to learn to control herself! And how to keep her mouth shut. And breath. Breath, she needed to breath. And to never look again to Crawford's face. That was fact.

Between a reverie and another, she did not hear Donna's question, and when she noticed, Matthew was smiling (quite tense, not like everybody would notice though), and his hand was conveniently laying on her stomach.

"We decided not to expose our relationship for obvious reasons, but we agreed that hiding wasn't worth it anymore." Matthew smiled and looked at the girl, and she quickly remembered of the lines they made up for assuming their relationship a couple days before. "We are incredible happy. Completely terrified, but really happy." Matthew added and smiled the way that all the American girls loved, and a series of screams and a round of applause filled the studio.

Aly held his hand, that was still on her flat belly, and they exchanged a passionate gaze.

When they realized, Donna was standing, teary-eyed, and and went to embrace them. Alyssa held her tears, not because she was happy with this, but for suddenly realizing the lie that she was telling the world.

"That's what I call a big surprise and incredible news, couple" the TV Host smiled. "I promise not to scare you in the next months of pregnancy, Hayes." She added and both actors giggled. "But tell me... Was it planned? What will happen to your characters now that you are pregnant in real life?"

Aly was going to open her mouth, when Matthew started talking.

"It wasn't planned, so it was a huge surprise for us too. But what matter is that there is nothing that makes us more excited than this baby." He smiled.

"And about Hidden Springs-" Alyssa started, but got interrupted again.

"The producers and writers are already working and you will have some terrific changes and exciting news this third season!"