Chapter 16

Luke POV
"Ashton is in the hospital" I choked out still shocked.

"W-What happened to him?" Calum asked trying to hide his worried expression.

"I don't know but we need to find out" I said as I made my way to the door with Calum right behind me. I looked behind me to see Niall and Harry still in the living room.

"You guys coming?" I asked curiously.

"No we don't really know Ashton that well and I'm sure you guys need time alone" Niall responded. I nodded in understanding and made my way out the door with Calum by my side. The hospital is about twenty minutes from Harry's place. Calum was driving and all I could think about during the car ride was Ashton. I really hope he's okay.

Niall POV
I really hope Ashton is okay. I may not know him that well but I know that he means a lot to Luke and Calum so I hope this isn't anything serious.

"You okay babe?" Harry asked while gently turning my head to face him. I just nodded slightly and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"That's all I get?" He asked with a playful hurt expression on his face. I just chuckled lightly and got up from the couch.

"Follow me upstairs and maybe you'll get something more" I said with a wink as I made my way up the stairs. Harry was right behind me and I was just about to walk into his room until something caught my attention.

"Hey what's this?" I asked as I spotted a bedroom next to Harry's. I know what you're thinking. Niall what's so weird about a bedroom? Well it wasn't that bedroom that was weird. The weird thing was that room used to be an indoor gym for Harry's dad when we were younger.

"Oh, it's a bedroom" Harry said awkwardly while scratching the back of his head.

"I know that captain obvious but it used to be an indoor gym. Did someone move in or something?" I asked playfully not realizing that someone actually moved in. Harry just nodded and my facial expression immediately changed.

"My parents allowed me to rent the house out to a roommate since they're rarely here and it makes it easier for me to pay the bills." He said truthfully. I looked at him skeptically before slapping him on the arm.

"You could've just told me that Harry" I said while crossing my arms and pouting.

"I know babe, I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to be jealous" He said while wrapping his arms around my waist. Jealous? Why would I be jealous? I'm not really the jealous type and I trust Harry so there's no need for me to be jeaous.

"I'm not jealous. I trust you" I said with a smile. Harry smiled back at me and leaned down to give me a soft passionate kiss. I returned the kiss as I moved my lips along with his and wrapped my arms around his neck. Harry then lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, our lips never disconnecting as he carried me to his bedroom. Once we got to the room, he gently pushed me on the bed while climbing on top of me and giving me soft kisses on my neck. I moaned loudly causing Harry to smirk before placing his mouth to my ear.

"Not tonight. I wanna make you suffer for a couple days" He said seductively. I shivered just at the sound of his sexy voice.

"By the way, my roommate should be here in a couple minutes so you'll get to meet him" Harry said while climbing off of me to look for a movie for us to watch. I nodded and decided to help him look for a movie.

Calum POV
Luke and I rushed inside of the hospital and went straight to the front desk to find out which room Ashton was in.

"Hi can you please tell us what room Ashton Irwin is in?" Luke asked the lady at the front desk. The lady just nodded while going through her files to get the number for us. I looked over at Luke who seemed extremely nervous and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous as well. I grabbed his hand and he looked over at me to give me a small smile.

"Room 227" The lady said while looking at her files. Luke and I quickly thanked her before rushing to Ashton's room. Once we got to the room, we spotted Mikey talking to Ashton who was currently in the bed with a bunch of stuff hooked up to him.

"Oh my God Ashton please tell me you're okay" I said as Luke and I rushed to his bedside. Ashton just gave us a smile and nodded.

"Yeah just a little accident" Ashton said.

"Accident? Ashton you cut yourself for fucks sake!" Michael said sounding angry.

"You did what?" Luke asked while looking at Ashton's wrist. His wrist was wrapped carefully with bandages that were most likely put on by the nurses.

"Why Ashton?" I said barely loud enough for the rest to hear me. Ashton just put his head down avoiding eye contact with all of us.

"You guys just wouldn't understand." He said while still looking down. I was a little hurt by his words. What does he mean we wouldn't understand? We're his best friends and we've always been there for each other. I can't believe he would rather cut himself than talk to the people who's had his back since he was a kid.

"Ash, you could talk to us about anything. You know that already. So tell us what's going on" Luke said calmly. Ashton looked up at us slowly before taking a deep breath.

"A couple of weeks ago I had to come to the hospital for a regular check up and the doctors discovered something." He said softly.

"What is it?" Michael asked curiously.

"I have brain cancer."

Niall POV
"Rose is such a selfish bitch. Jack could have fit on that raft too!" I ranted. Harry and I were watching the Titanic and it's at the part where Jack pretty much froze to death. Harry just laughed at my ranting and continued to watch the movie. We both sat up once we heard someone coming upstairs.

"He's here" Harry said as he got up from the bed. I'm assuming he's talking about his roommate, which he is. I got up as well and let Harry lead me to his roommates room. Harry knocked on his door and opened it.

"Hey dude, just thought I would introduce you to my boyfriend Niall" Harry said. I waved and gave roommate a handshake. He was actually really good looking.

"I'm Niall Horan. What's your name?" I asked curiously. He smiled at me before responding.

"Nice to meet you Niall Horan. I'm Troye. Troye Sivan."