Chapter 3

I want to dedicate this to PanickingWithRoses Thanks for the support!

CALUM POV

It's kind of annoying that we were assigned a chemistry project literally on the first day of school. On the plus side, I get to work on it with Savannah. She is so cool and really pretty. We've been getting along really well too. I have to admit, it feels weird not working on the project with Luke but we always work together. Maybe it's time for a change? I hope he doesn't mind but I doubt he does because he already found another partner.

"Okay class, I hope you all have found your partners. Please make sure to pick up the papers on my desk with the instructions for the project before you leave." Mr. Smith said before he dismissed us. Savannah, Luke, and I got up at the same time and picked up the project instructions on the way out.

"This project seems a little difficult" Savannah said as she looked at the paper.

"Well at least we have each other" I said flirtatiously. Savannah giggled and I could've sworn I heard Luke make an annoyed groan. I looked over at him but he quickly put his head down. Maybe i'm just hearing things.

"Um so Calum do you want to start on the project today?" Savannah asked. I looked over to Luke and then quickly looked back at her.

"Uh, maybe another time? I was going to Luke's place to hang out" I replied. I saw Luke smiling from the corner of my eye.

"Y-yeah sure. Here's my number. Call me whenever you want to start" she said while handing me the paper with her number on it. I nodded and took the paper as she waved goodbye to me and left.

"Are you sure you don't want to hang with her?" Luke asked me while looking at his phone.

"I'm going to hang out with her eventually since we're partners so I might as well hang with my favorite dork for now" I said while smiling. Luke just playfully shoved me and we both started walking to the parking lot.

"Soo we're headed to my place?" Luke asked as we walked to our cars.

"Duh" I replied sarcastically. Luke just rolled his eyes and laughed as he got in his sexy new car.

After about 10 minutes, Luke and I arrived at his house. I parked my car behind Luke's and followed him inside.

"Mom! I'm home!!" Luke yelled as we threw our backpacks on the couch. Soon after, Luke's mom appeared from the kitchen.

"Hey boys! How was your first day as seniors?" she asked as she gave the both of us a hug.

"It was pretty good" Luke replied as he went into the kitchen to get some water.

"Yeah it was basic but then I met this girl named Savannah." I said smiling. Luke's mom smirked at me.

"Looks like someone has a little crush" she said as she let out a small giggle.

"Who has a crush on who?" Luke asked as he came out of the kitchen with a water bottle in his hand.

"I think Calum has a new crush on this Savannah girl" Luke's mom said before going to answer her cellphone and going upstairs to her room. I just laughed and made my way to the couch in the living room until Luke grabbed my shoulder.

"What's up?" I asked curious as to why he stopped me.

"Do you really have a crush on Savannah?" he asked me looking at me with a serious expression.

"Um I-I don't know. We just met so it's too soon to tell. But Maybe."

"Oh." He replied simply as he let go of my shoulder and looked down at the floor.