Chapter 2

LUKE POV

"Dude c'mon! I want to eat already" I sighed in frustration as I watched Calum attempt to fix his hair. We were currently in the boys restroom and Calum was using the mirror to fix his hair.

"Patience my friend. My hair deserves love and affection" Calum said as he continued doing what he was doing. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"It's not like it looks any different. It's still gonna be basic" I said with a smirk. I know exactly how to push his buttons. Calum immediately stopped what he was doing and turned around to look at me.

"You did NOT just call my hair basic" he said as he put his brush back in his bag. I just laughed and pulled him by his shirt out of the bathroom. We FINALLY got to the cafeteria and I couldn't be any happier. I'm extremely hungry and I guess it's because I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. All the excitement with my new car distracted me I guess. Calum and I finally got our food and made our way to the table where Mikey and Ash were sitting.

"Where have you guys been?" Ashton asked with his mouth full of pasta. I almost laughed at how stupid he looked.

"Well Rico Suave over here decided to take forever and a half to fix his hair" I said pointing to Calum. Calum just sent me a death glare and chucked his muffin at me.

"Dudeee, I could've eaten that" Michael said sounding like a little kid. We all laughed at him. After a while, we just started talking about random things and laughing like idiots until we were interrupted by some random girl.

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt you guys but do any of you happen to know where Mr. Smith's class is? I'm new here so I don't really know where anything is" she said nervously. I was about to speak but Calum beat me to it.

"Actually, my friend Luke and I have that class next. I'll be happy to show you" he said with a smile. The girl was pretty attractive. She has wavy blonde hair with sparkly green eyes.

"Thank you so much!" she said sounding relieved. "I'm Savannah" she said introducing herself. Calum smiled and introduced all of us.

"Nice to meet you Savannah. These are my friends Michael, Ashton, and Luke" Calum said as he pointed to all of us. Savannah gave us a sweet smile and waved which we all did in return. Calum asked Savannah to sit with us for the rest of lunch. She seems pretty cool but I can tell that she's still a little nervous. Her and Calum seem to be getting along really well. I wonder if he likes her. For some reason, the thought of that bothers me. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of the bell.

"Well time to head to class" I said as we all said our goodbyes. Mikey and Ashton have English class together and Calum, Savannah, and I have Chemistry with Mr. Smith. Personally, I hate Chemistry but Mr. Smith is actually pretty cool. I've had him before for my Sophomore year. Once we got into the class room, I followed Calum and Savannah to the seats we were going to sit at. I ended up sitting behind Calum and he was sitting directly next to Savannah.

"Good Afternoon class" Mr. Smith said as he organized his desk. "I know it's the first day but you guys need to pair up with one other person for a project that will be assigned to you"

The class started groaning in frustration but quickly settled down and started looking for their partners. Calum turned around to look at me and I assumed he was going to suggest for us to be partners but I was sadly mistaken.

"He Luke, um I think I'm going to ask Savannah to work with me. I mean, she's new so I want her to be comfortable."

I can't lie. I was a little disappointed. Oh who am I kidding. I'm extremely disappointed. Calum and I always work on group projects together. I didn't want to show him that I was bothered so I just quickly nodded and got up to look for a partner. I scanned the room until I saw a boy sitting by himself. I've never seen him before.

"Hi, I'm Luke" I said as I offered him my hand to shake. He looked up to me and gave me a small smile.

"I'm Niall...Niall Horan" He replied shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you Niall. Do you have a partner for the project?" I asked. Niall shook his head fastly.

"N-no I don't. Would you like to partners?" He asked. I couldn't help but smile at how nervous he was.

"Yeah sure" I said as I wrote my phone number on a piece of paper. "Here's my number. Call me whenever you want to start on it." After I handed Niall my number, I walked back to my seat.

"Who were you talking to?" Calum asked as I sat down.

"Niall, my new partner for the project." I replied simply. Calum just nodded and turned back to talk to Savannah. I felt something in the pit of my stomach but I wasn't sure what it was. I just don't have a good feeling about Savannah....at all.