SIXTEEN

the cloths  i used to find comfort in, now hang in odd places, the shoes i ran mountain tops and valleys with, are dusty and some parts are cut open, everything i was before Vane has become an cavity of  life. i placed one foot after the other, taking me futher away from the room/cell block. i never was awake when they carried me to the lab to the the exams and test, so i don't remember the solid dusty brown walls of this asylum, i hear screams, is as if the walls itself wanted to collapse on the screams and yells it has guarded from the outside, i put my hand on my throat, cause i feel like its closing, the oxygen down here is superficial, all resources of life have vanish from the hallways, the only thing you can smell is burning flesh, is the basin of all death, i though i might never seen hell, but this. this place can be its main entrance.

i feel as my legs spread wider, my lungs burning, but i feel the air, the rasping arms of air i have not felt in so long, as i pass door through door, i see the windows, they are monumental, each with spikes coming out, they want us in. but why?, who are those in cages as mine, who those screams belong to. all rushed through my head  as i halted, the ringing noise of the bell clouting my ears, trashing my focus. my hands shake as i take the golden key and push it into the middle window's bronze locket. i feel the trees on my skin, the wild solitude of freedom in my eyes. i push open the window, but in the action my feet's buckle and fell in the darkness the window gives. i can touch the grass, the wetness, the tingling of its hands on my face, i breath a lungful and take to running once more. this is all that the asylum places to keep us in. i wondered how many have succesfully escaped, or if i was the first. i don't know who the red head is, and what did she meant by that, our kind . demon's. was i really one. if i was, then what were the visions but just that. i can seeking answere's of my parents. and i just got more questions about who am i. i was in a tangled forest, my boots were clogged on mud, the small drizzle of rain spread as i ran faster, the lights of the asylum way back. but i keep running. that's my inspiration, everytime i turn away, i see those lights, and the screams are encrusted in me, as if, i was the one screaming.

i feel the hours pass, the dawn approaching the endless sky, but i see no one, i hear no one, its forest before and after me, though i might die tonight with no food or water, i feel safe, the visions have not come, means no city or town is near, but i have hope. i feel the moisture in the air, the hallow wash of water, i think i might be nearing the ocean. if i run faster or reach for it, sometime i might actually grab it. i take a long breath and break through the weeds, they slow me down a  bit, the gushing of blood in my body flowing makes me want to run faster, i want to grab it, i think to myself, i want to know if its salty, or if its just water, i want to feel the raspy sand on my toes, lonely, i feel not. i have the healthy sounds of the surroundings. with another step i scream out, the land has collapsed, and given into another plane, i though i might never reach it, but before me, a body of water extended, i place my hands on my cheeks, and admire it. "i have found you".

i gasp and crawl towards it, depositing my cloths as i close the cold water, i drown in it. but its the opossite i feel like i can finally breath. as if hands in were choking the breath out of me all my life, those voices those portraits of disasters, have been my doom. 

"what the fuck" is a male voice, angry, but i was too self concious  to distinguish that i was naked under the calm waters of the Atlantic to notice anyone, guess even in my head, i feel lost, its was pitch black the dim white light of the full moon placing a veil on our faces, while his forehead creased, mine twitched to know. but i was not  that insane. i needed to  start over, if a human was here that must mean i was near somewhere "can a girl have some privacy" i said sinking lowered, the sand curling at my toes under the water, the man came closer, but by the looks of it, he could of not been older than me, "well its my beach, and by the looks of it, you were stupid enough to avoid the poster saying PRIVATE in large bold letters" wow what an asshole. 

"fine, can you turn around" he snickered but complied, his back muscle seemed to move, as i raced towards the shore " why naked?" he asked, this time calmer than before, with his back still turned to me " i'm not crazy if that's what you are inpliying"