Chapter 3

It was a cold, gloomy night.

Riley held her breath as the clock struck ten. She heard her mother's footsteps, a pause and then silence. She counted to a hundred, exhaled and then fished out for her nightlight. Riley quietly pulled on her leather boots.

The key turned in the lock of the window and she threw it open. She smiled as she felt the cold breeze brush past her.

Riley went to the terrace and she laid down on the floor.

Tonight the sky was a deep blue black with a mixture of fiery red and bright little stars. Riley loved watching the colours change until it was pitch black and the stars were the only things in the sky.

Riley fished out for her phone to check for any text messages or calls. Her face lit up when she found a new text - from Maya.

She excitedly opened up the text, but her smile faded away and she huffed as she finished reading the text.

"Hey Riles. Sorry, I can't make it tonight. Missy and I have plans. Maya xx"

'What did she mean by plans?' Riley thought miserably as she switched off her phone and looked up at the sky.

The fiery red had faded away, and was replaced by a glowing Sirius.

Riley looked at the brightest star in the sky with a sad smile. At the minute she felt like she was fading away, and even though she felt like a Sirius, she knew she was a replaced rock.

#

Maya's outfit was bold and edgy, just like her energy. Tonight, she was able to shoot for the stars, but nobody could know about it.

Maya smiled, and the girl did too.

A/N:

Thank you all, for such lovely feedback and votes. Comments and ideas are greatly appreciated. These chapters are quite short (sorry) but I shall begin to write more :)

And Girl Meets Texas was so intense! Just like the first two episodes of the walking dead I watched! Anyone here a fan? No, okay then...

But yes, I am a proud Lucaya fan. And even though I planned to write this about Farkle and Riley, Charlie is just so cute. Don't you agree? ;)