Chapter 2

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily from my nightmare. I sat up with a jolt, and looked down at my hands and realized they were shaking, and I couldn't make them stop. I began to hyperventilate as the images crossed my mind. I couldn't breathe.

I got out of bed quickly. I threw on a sweater and a pair of jeans, and slipped on my converse. I needed to get out of there.

As I opened the door to my cabin, a whiff of the cool night air hit me in the face, making my tears feel frozen. I wiped them away and stepped outside, closing and locking the door behind me.

It wasn't exactly nice outside, but for mid-October, it was warm. I shoved my hands into my pockets and started down the dirt path, watching out for Harpies on the way.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

It's just a dream, I told myself. But I knew it was my past coming back to haunt me.

I clenched my fists to stop them from shaking, but it didn't do much. I was still a human earthquake. Every time I saw a shadow, closed my eyes, or saw darkness, the memory of the nightmare came back, branding itself in my mind. I was so focused on forgetting, I barely noticed when Jason called my name.

"Pssst! Jamie!" He called, making me jump two feet off the ground. I nearly had a heart-attack.

"Holy Hades Jason!" I whispered harshly. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Oh, sorry." he said more quietly, although I didn't see him. It sounded like his voice was coming from above.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Up here!" He said, his head popping out from the top of the small tower on the Zeus cabin. I had to squint to see him.

"Jason, what are you doing?" I asked. He scrunched his eyebrows.

"The real question is, what are you doing?" He asked me. "Its crazy to be wandering around down there after 10:30. There are Harpies everywhere." he said. I remembered my vision and took a quivering breath.

"Um, I... uh... needed some air." I said uneasily. He gave me a strange look.

"Needing air can be dangerous, you know." he smiled.

"I'm fully aware." I replied.

"Oh, well that's good. Then you understand that a young maiden like yourself simply cannot be walking the streets of camp alone." he said in an old-fashioned manor, which was kinda hot.

Stop it Jamie! He's just a friend! I mentally scolded myself.

"Yeah, well, I'll take my chances." I replied cooly, smirking. A gust of cold wind rushed past me, making me shiver, even with a sweater on.

"You must be cold." Jason said. I shrugged. He gave me an exasperated look. "Gods, Jamie! Whats it gonna take for you to come up here?" he laughed.

I stood there, staring at him. Me? He wanted me to go up there with him? Why? Did he like me? Did he find me cute?

Gods, you're so basic. Just shut up and go! My brain told me. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and walked over to the cabin door.

"Uh, how... how do I..." I said, flustered.

"Hold on, I'll let you in." He said. In a matter of seconds he had reappeared at the door, holding it open for me as I walked through the threshold.

The first thing I saw was the giant statue of Zeus. It must have been at least fifteen feet tall, solid gold and it seemed to stare me down, no matter where I walked. The rest of the cabin was quite bland, made of white marble and a few columns here and there. It looked more like a museum than a cabin. The only sign of normality was a small bed in the corner of the room, almost completely hidden from Zeus' glare.

Jason must have noticed I was staring. "That's Hippie Zeus." he said casually.

I snorted. "Hippie Zeus?"

"Yeah. Doesn't he look, hippie-ish?" He asked, chuckling.

"I guess." I answered, a grin spread across my face.

Jason took my hand, (which made my heart flutter, and I cursed myself for it) and led me to the back if the room, where a latter stood. He gestured towards it.

"Ladies first." I smiled. He rolled his eyes.

"Very funny." he said sarcastically, but started climbing up the metal rungs. I followed quickly after him, eager to get to the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, I promise to update soon! Love youuuss,

~Maylin