Chapter 1

(A/N: This takes place a year after the seven defeated Gaea. NOTE: Jason and Piper are NOT a thing.)

"Jamie!" Leo called, jogging across the training area. He was drenched in sweat and his clothes were covered in stains. I smiled at him as he reached me, huffing and puffing up a storm, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked, stepping away from him. The guy didn't smell too good, kind of like machine oil and sweat.

"Chiron wants to see you in the Big House." Leo gasped between breaths. "He said," Leo took a deep breath. "that it was important."

I sighed. "Okay. When did he say this?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"About two minutes ago I guess." he answered.

"Wow! Leo, you're getting better at running." I laughed. He rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, Neilson." Leo said, holding back a smile. Leo glanced around while he caught his breath.

"Did he say what it was about?" I asked. Leo merely shook his head.

"He just told me to go get you, pronto!" He replied. I figured it must be pretty urgent.

"Alright then. I guess I should go. See ya later Leo." I said, clapping him on the shoulder on my way by.

"Yeah, sure." He muttered, wiping sweat from his forehead. "Hey, Jamie?"

"Yeah?" I turned around to face him.

"Can you tell Chiron to stop asking me to be his messenger? Tell him to use one of the Hermes kids instead." He said. I laughed and gave him a smile.

"Yeah, okay." I answered, then turned and made my way to the big house.

*~*~*

I crashed into my bed, my thoughts lingering about what I had seen today. Chiron had asked me to raise a spirit from the Underworld, to talk about security reasons at camp. He told me that the exchange happened annually, and in previous years, he had used a kid called Nico Di Angelo, who was a son of Hades. But, the connection was never reliable enough to really get full messages across. Chiron had received some warnings about attacks on camp, but minor ones, like a couple of wild Cyclopes attacking once in a while.

A few seconds after my head hit the pillow, I was out, having a blissful, dreamless sleep.

*~*~*

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I quickly sat up, disoriented and groggy. "Yeah?"

The door opened revealing Leo, who looked like he had showered, which was good. Behind him stood a guy who was probably about 16 or 17, with blond hair, striking blue eyes and a little scar on his upper lip. All I could think was, Damn! He stood about 6 feet tall, with a lean, muscular build. He had a perfect jawline, but he had soft facial features, balancing everything out. I hadn't seen him at Camp Half-Blood before, but he had a necklace with two beads on it, representing summers at Camp.

"Hey Jamie." Leo said casually, walking to me and plopping down on my bed.

"Hey Leo." I said. Leo often liked to barge into my cabin at random hours of the day, (or night) and raid the mini fridge I had installed. Campers weren't technically aloud to have food outside of the dining pavilion, but I managed to sneak the fridge into my cabin unnoticed, using shadow travel. (One of the perks of being an Erebus kid!)

"You've been asleep for about eight hours." he said.

I blinked. "Eight?"

He nodded. The blond guy was just standing awkwardly in front of us.