(21) You are my sunshine

Megan's POV

I got my shoes on then we headed to the car. "Aunt Meggy can we listen to my frozen C.D.?" Charlie asked once we were in the car.

"Sure." I replied with a smile. Jase put the C.D. in as grabbed my hand. He could tell I was nervous about seeing his mom again. I mean last time I saw her she said I was a whore and dating him for an A.

Plus I just got out of the hospital for cutting and a drug overdose. Great now I'm a whore and mentally unstable. She's just bound to love me now.

GAH! What if she says some more terrible things and Jase believes her. Like, what if he leaves me? The thought of that scares me so much.

"Aunt Meggy sing with us!" Charlie happily exclaimed from the back seat, snapping me out of my negive thoughts.

"Okay." I said, then joined her and Jase.

"Love is an open DOOOOOOOR!" We sang and laughed all the way to his mom's.

***********************************************************************************

When we got to Annie's we walked right in. "Hello? Mom?" Jase called out.

"Jase? Is that you?" Annie asked as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Oh, Jason! Megan! Oh, Megan. I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry for what I said. I feel down right awful. I realized I was wrong. You guys are ment for each other." She said, crying. Then she puller me into a hug.

"Annie, it's okay. I forgive you. I understand that Jase and I's relationship is hard to except at first." I said .

"Also Elizabeth called me and told me the news. Welcome to the family darling." She said then kissed me on the cheek.

Thank you. Now, there is another surprise we have for you..." I said as Charlie jumped out from behind Jase.

"GRANDMAAAA!"

"Charlie baby, what are you doing ?" She asked kneeling down to Charlie's level.

"I was with Uncle Jasey and Aunt Meggy and we had nuffin to do so I said we should come here." Charlie answered in her cute little I'm-five-years-old-and-the-cutest-thing-ever voice.

Annie gave her a hug and smiled . "I'm so glad you suggested that. Grandma missed her grand baby. And she missed Uncle Jase and Aunt Megan." She said with a happy smile.

"So Charlie, what do you want to do now?" Jase asked.

"I wanna make cookies with Grammy!" Charlie exclaimed and we all laughed.

"Well if you want to make cookies we better get in the kitchen." Annie said picking her up.

Jase pulled me into the living room and Pulled me down to sit on the couch with him. I cuddled in to his chest and he kissed me on top of my head, letting His lips linger for a moment.

"So, how long do you think we have until we are dragged into the kitchen to help? he asked me.

"Ugh. Hopefully never! I am so comfy." I answered and he laughed at me.

"Meggy! Jasey!" Charlie yelled our names in a sing song voice as she entered the living room.

Jase laughed "Yes Charlie?"

She ran up to the couch and jumped on us. "Can I watch TV with you guys while the cookies are in the oven? She asked sweetly.

"Sure, what do you want to watch?" I asked.

"DISNEY!" She shouted.

"Okay." Jase laughed as he flipped to Disney Channel.

***********************************************************************************

We stayed at Jase's mom's house for a few hours before leaving. We had been in the car for five minutes when Charlie feel sleep.

"So babe, did you have fun?" Jase asked me.

"Yes I did! It went a lot better than I thought it would."

"I know! And I'm so glad it did! I don't want anyone to hurt you. I love you." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"So... I've been thinking, what if I just wear my ring on necklace until graduation. I really don't want people asking about it and having to make up some guy." I said.

"That makes sense."

"I'm so excited! I mean we're freaking getting married!" I exclaimed happily.

"Have you thought of when you want to get married?" He asked.

"I was thinking that next summer would be nice."

"Yeah, I like that. Then when I go back to school I could brag about my hot wife." He said winking at me.

"You're such a dork! Just think, soon I'll be Mrs. Jase Stanford."

We rode the rest of the way home in comfortable silence.

When we pulled up to Jase's house he got Charlie out and carried her in.

"Aunt Meggy will you read me a bed time story?" She asked with the cutest look on her face.

"Of course I will."

When we got in the house Charlie practically jumped out of Jase's arms and ran to get a book out of her bag.

Jase made Charlie a bed on the couch. She layer down and pulled the covers up as I started to read to her.

When I finished reading she asked me to sing her a lullaby.

"Of course! I'll sing you the lullaby my mommy used to sing to me.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

I got up and gave her a kiss on the head. "Good night Charlie."

When I walked into Jase's room he was sitting on the bed in his boxers.

"Hey beautiful." He said as I sat down next to him. He ingulfed me in his arms and I played my head on his chest. "Did Charlie fall asleep?" He asked running his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, I sang her a lullaby." I said smiling. He gently kissed the top of my head and said "I know. I heard you're beautiful voice." I smiled and nessled my head into the crook of his neck.

A few seconds later we herd a knock on the door. "U-U-Uncle Jase, can I st-st-stay in here?" Charlie asked crying.

Jase went over and picked her up. "Charlie, what happen? Why are you crying?" He asked concerned.

"I had a bad dream and got scared." She replied still crying. Poor thing.

Jase carried her over to the bed and put her in between us. I scooped her up to my lap. She rested her head on my chest and I softly patted her back.

Once she calmed down we all layed down

"Good night my beautiful girls." Jase said giving g us both a kiss.

Then I shut my eyes and happily wondered off to dreamland.

*************************************************************************
A/N

Sorry it took so long!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Peace out bitches ( ˘ ³˘)❤