(8) I am Thankful for....

Megan's POV

It had been two weeks since I told my friends about Jase and it was almost Thanksgiving. My mom recently got a job as a nurse and found out and had to work on Thanksgiving. I told Jase and he invited me to his families house.

"Are you sure it will be okay?" I asked him one night as we were cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

"Yes, my mom really wants to meet you."

"Do they know?" I asked. What if his mom thought I was some homewrecker. Ugh. What if she thought I was a slut who just wanted a better grade.

"My mom knows you're younger but, she doesn't know the specifics. However, she does know how happy I've been since we started dating. I also really need you there. Ever since my dad died mom doesn't get to happy about the holidays but, ever since I told her about you she hasn't had a sad bone in her body." I felt so bad for Jase. His dad died last year on Christmas.

"Of course. Anything for you. I love you."

**********************************

Here I am all dressed up waiting for Jase to come pick me up. Truth be told I'm a nervous wreck. I wonder if he's going to tell his mom.

Five minutes later Jase pulled up. He was wearing one of his nice button up shirts and a pair of jeans. His blue shirt matched my sweater perfectly.

"Hey beautiful." He said as I hope in his car. "Wow. Meg, you look amazing. How did I get so lucky to have such a hot girlfriend like you." He leaned over and kissed me.

After a minute of kissing I pulled back. "You ready to go?" He asked and I nodded. His mom lives 45 minutes away. We listened to the radio and held hands the whole way. Surprisingly sitting and just listening to the radio actually calmed my nerves.

***********************************

Jase's mom is a cute short woman with brown hair. She is one of those people who you can tell just by looking at them they are one of the sweetest people alive. Her name is Annie.

When we get to Annie's she's already waiting outside for us. "So you must be the Megan I'm always hearing about?" She asked excitedly. "I am." I reply. I wonder if he really talks about me that much.

Thirty minutes later we were sitting down at lunch. I was sitting between Jase and his sister Elizabeth sat by Annie and her husband Elliott sat by Charlie ( his and Elizabeth's daughter) and on her other side was Jase

"Well since it's Thanksgiving I think we should go around saying what we're thankful for." Annie suggested.

"I thankful for Uncle Jasey's new friend." Charlie shouted out. Everyone laughed. "I'm thankful for family. I know this is the first time I have ever met you guys but, you've really made me feel like I belong here." I said.

Jase smiled at me and squeezed my hand. "I think I agree with Charlie, I'm thankful for my new friend too." I love him and this is why. He leaned over and kissed me.

"Ew. That's nasty!" Charlie giggled. We pulled back and stared into each other's eyes and laughed.

**********************************

Three hours and two pumpkin pies later we were headed home.

"So... My family freaking loves you. Actually Charlie like adores you." Jase said when we got in the car. "Really? I love them too. Charlie is so cute."

"I don't want you to think I'm a player but, I've brought girls home before and none of them have ever bonded with Charlie the way you did and I love that. Some girls act like she is the most annoying thing on the planet but, you got on the floor and played with her Barbie's. It's nice to know that someday when we have kids not if when that you will be an excellent mother. And I just love knowing that you will play with her."

"Aw. Jasey I love you."

"Jasey? So I'm Jasey now?"

"Yes!"

We rode in silence the rest of the way home, holding hands, and occasionally looking at each other's eyes.