Chapter Two

Chapter Two | Sin with me

Zachary Corpuz has been Shai's crush since high school. I used to be so annoyed at her whenever she fangirls him. The fact that she was harassing me physically kapag kinikilig siya kay Zach.

I needed to leave. I can't be a mistress. And worse, sa boyfriend pa talaga ng best friend ko. We've been best friends since God-knows-how-long. I was alone and she was a nerd back then. So, we became friends.

She was heaven-sent. I'm so grateful that God gave me a companion like her. That's why this is slowly killing me. Because slowly and slowly, I am destroying our friendship. She deserved him.

Last year nang nabalitaan kong sila na pala. I didn't care, not at all. Wala naman akong pakielam kay Zach. I don't go for hot and handsome guys, they're just going to hurt you. But everything turned in the other direction when Shai bought him in my condo unit one day.

We ate dinner. Shai was being normal. Still the same Shai who was garrulous and all. But something was bothering me. Her boyfriend was checking me out. I could see how he scanned my body. How he looked at my breasts. At my lips.

And I hated myself for thinking that he was also hot. Matangos ang ilong. Expressive hazel brown eyes with long and thick eyelashes. Thick eyebrows. Pinkish lips. And damn, his perfect jaw.

His body... Fuck, his body.

I didn't like the idea, so after that meeting, I avoided them. I hung out with Shai but not with her boyfriend. It was when this outing happened when I realized that I was sexually attracted to him. At first, I chose to ignore it, but that night, I confirmed that he was also sexually attracted to me.

Yes, we had wild sex. He swiped my virginity card and left after that. I was guilty. So guilty that night. But I also felt catastrophic. I needed to decide. Sisters before misters. Because I cannot exchange my best friend with these worldly sentiments and pleasure.

I'm twenty-five years old, why am I making these kinds of decisions?

It was nine-thirty in the evening when I finally decided to pull myself together. Bumangon ako sa kama. Although it still hurts down there, binata ko ang sakit. I took a shower and then dressed myself up. We've been on this resort for like, what, a week?

Nag impake ako. I need to stop the venom this early. I'm sure I will regret things if I will choose to continue this affair I am having with my best friend's boyfriend. Lumabas ako. I need to go. I booked a hotel which is in the next city. May sasakyan naman ako but I can't drive dahil gabi na.

Lumabas ako sa room and I was stunned to see that Zachary standing there. Tumingin siya akin, at sa bag na dinadala ko. I saw how his jaw clenched.

"Where do you think are you going?" He said then pushed me inside my room. Fuck, not again.

"I-I'm leaving," I managed to say. He pinned me on the wall, took my bag and threw it somewhere. He then kissed me hungrily. I wasn't responding. I didn't like this, okay? But I couldn't do anything because he caged me in his arms.

"L-Let's stop this game, Zachary," Sabi ko na siyang nakaagaw ng atensyon niya. He stopped kissing me.

"This is too risky. If you want to play, do it with other girls. Not me. Best friend ko si Shai. I can't..." I tried to compose.

He didn't say anything. He didn't move a muscle.

"This is a sin, this will bring us both to hell–" sabi ko na pinutol niya.

"Sin with me, Thalia. Sin with me, then..." Sabi niya. Umiling ako. Mas idiniin niya ang katawan sa akin then he bent down to kiss me, this time, gently.

We were just kissing. And I would be lying if I said I wanted it to end. Cos I didn't. But I should. I pushed him away with all my strength. I eyed the whole room to find my bag and when I did, I took it then headed to the door.

"I'm sorry, Zachary. But my sexual attraction towards you isn't enough for me to take the risk," I said and then left.

He didn't stop me. Of course. Why would he? Marami namang kaladkaring babae diyan sa tabi tabi na pwede niyang pagbuhusan ng sperm niya. Or even Shai can satisfy his needs.

Why did he fuck me when in the first place, pwede namang si Shai nalang? Wasn't she good in bed? Maybe. We got our passion. We got our pride. But don't we know that only fools are satisfied.

I drove to the next city. The drive wasn't that long, though. I was listening to Chris Daughtry's song, it was playing in my car's radio. Eleven thirty na nang marating ko ang hotel. It wasn't crowded, though, and their services were great.

I was emotionally and physically tired, that was the reason why I directly found myself lying down on my bed. I was scanning through my emails when my phone rang. My heart skipped a beat when I found out it was Shai. I answered it.

"Jusko, Thalia! Where the hell are you?" Iritadong boses ang bumungad sa akin.

"Umuwi na. May emergency kasi. Sorry," I lied. Narinig ko ang buntong hininga niya.

"It's okay. Be safe. Don't die, okay? Magiging maid of honor ka pa sa kasal ko..." Sabi nito at humagikhik.

That was supposed to be a joke, right?

"Yes, I won't die. Bye, love you!" I said. She bid her goodbye at ended the call.

I closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. Minutes later, I heard my phone ring. I thought that was Shai so I answered it without even thinking twice.

"Hello?" Tanong ko, but there wasn't any reply.

Who the heck is this?

"Thalia..." I heard the familiar voice say. "This isn't just sexual attraction, it's more than that," Sabi nito at pinatay ang tawag, leaving me confused.