Chapter 11

Curt went to the nursery in the morning, and shook him gently. Riker blinked sleepily and whined.

"Breakfast time, baby." Curt said, picking him up. Riker looked at him blankly. "What's wrong, baby?" Curt asked, seeing the blank look. Riker cooed and giggled waving his arms. "Aww baby." Curt cooed, carrying him downstairs. Riker waved his hands around happiky. Curt smiled and kissed his nose. Riker giggled and squealed. He started playing with Curt's hair in fascination. Curt laughed. Riker caught sight on Curt's ear and started playing with it.

Curt laughed again. "Baby, stop it." Riker didn't stop it. He stuck his finger in Curt's ear.

Curt took the finger out. "You wanna go play in the new playpen, baby?" Riker nodded and snuggled into him. Curt smiled, and carried him downstairs. He sat him down in the playpen. Riker squealed and kicked his legs. He grabbed a plastic toy and stuck it in his mouth.

"No, no Riker." Curt said, pulling the toy out of his mouth. Riker started playing with another toy. Curt watched him play, and went and made breakfast. Riker gurgled and baby-talked happily. Then the next thing he saw was a guy with blonde hair and outside.

"What is it, baby boy?" Curt asked from the kitchen when he heard Riker fall silent. Riker stared up at the blonde boy who was carrying him.

"You're gonna be okay, Rike." He said. Riker giggled and poked the blonde boy's nose. Ross smiled. "We're going home." Riker gurgled. "Come back, Riker." Ross said. "Come out of headspace." Riker waved his hands and cooed. "You wanna see mommy?" Ross asked, since he didn't know how to get Riker out of headspace. Riker clapped excitedly and squealed. "I guess that's a yes." Ross said, as he walked in to his house with Riker. Riker waved his hands happily. "Look who I brought home." Ross said, sitting Riker down on the couch. Riker gurgled and waved his hands around.

"Vanni!" Rydel called, happy that Riker was home even if they were starting over again.

Vanni went to the living room. "What?" She asked, eyes bloodshot from crying.

"Look who Ross got." Rydel said, pointing to Riker on the couch.

Vanni gasped. "Riker!" She ran to him and huggedhim.

Riker giggled "Mama!"

"Oh my God he's deeper in headspace now." Vanni said, still hugging him. Rydel nodded.

Riker sloppily kissed Vanni's cheek. "Wuv you mama."

"Love you too,baby." Vanni said. Riker snuggled into her. Vanni pulled him onto her lap. "Baby, I need you to come back for me, please."

"Come back where mommy?" he asked, coming out of headspace more.

"Come back out of headspace, baby." Vanni said, smiling since Riker was aging.

"What's headspace mommy?"

Vanni sighed. "Nothing. I just need you to come back for me, Riker."

Riker blinked "I'm trying Vanni." he sniffled. "It's getting harder."

"I know, but I'm here to help, so please try and stay out of headspace, okay?" Vanni asked.

"I'm trying Vanni." Riker said, hugging her.

Vanni hugged her back. "I don't wanna lose you for a third time."

"I don't want to leave you ever again." Riker said. "Not that I wanted to the other times."

"I know, but I need you to at least stay out of headspace so you can find a way out if he gets you again." Vanni said. "We can report him to the police, do you know what his name is?"

"No." Riker said, sadly. "He only ever had me call him sir and daddy." His eyes started to glaze over again, and he was struggling to stay out of headspace.

"Stay, Riker. Stay, please." Vanni said, hugging him. "Stay for me."

"Trying." Riker said, shaking his head and concentrating hard.

"I need you, please stay." Vanni said.

Riker focused. "I'm still here."

"Stay, please stay." Vanni said.

"I am." Riker said. "I'm here."

"Okay." Vanni said. Riker hugged her tightly. Vanni hugged him back.

"Don't let me go Vanni." he whispered.

"I won't." Vanni whispered back. Riker cried into her shoulder.

"Oh Rike, what did he do to you?" Vanni asked, rubbing his back.

"He...he...I came out of headspace for a while I wanted to leave. He hid keys all over the house. I couldn't find any of them, and then I punched him in the nose. He said he would punish me, and I went soooo deep in headspace Vanni. I couldn't talk or do anything."

"Oh, Riker." Vanni hugged him tighter. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Riker said.

"I wish that never happened to you." Vanni said.

"Nothing we can do about it now." Riker said.

"I guess." Vanni sighed.

Riker hugged her. "Please don't be sad baby."

"I just don't wanna lose you again." Vanni said, hugging back.

"I will stay here as long as I can." Riker said. Vanni nodded.

Riker kissed her sweetly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Vanni said. Riker snuggled into her. Vanni kissed his cheek. Riker smiled and kissed hers back. Vanni smiled at him. Riker smiled back. Vanni hugged him again. Riker hugged her back tightly. "I missed you." Vanni said.

"I missed you too."

"Don't leave, okay?" Vanni asked.

"I won't." Riker said.

"Okay." Vanni said. Riker snuggled into her. Vanni smiled and wrapped her arms around him. Riker kissed her jaw lovingly. Vanni smiled. Riker smiled back at her.

"You left again." Curt's voice sounded in Riker's head. Riker frowned, but ignored the voice. "Go back to daddy." his thoughts said. He pushed them back.

"I'm here Vanni." he said. "I'm not leaving again."

So do you think Riker should stay for good? Or should Curt take him back once and for all? Your comments will decide. :)