27| Watching

The ceiling I woke up to wasn't the one in my bedroom. I knew that the moment I flutter my eyes up to a ceiling without a fan. I tilted my head to the side, catching a glimpse of the world outside Clyde's window. Golden rays of sunlight were perching into the room, making it annoying bright.

After getting out of his bed, I scrambled to find my clothes. Picking up the button up blouse from last night, I frowned at it's lack of buttons. I really should've stopped him when he started doing that...But dammit I found it too hot to even get the words out of me. I walked over to his closet and grabbed the first shirt I could get my hands on. Pulling it over my head, I looked at myself in the mirror. Other than the wild "I-Just-Had-Sex" hair style I was stuck with from last night and Clyde's over sized blue shirt, I appeared to be okay. Decent, at best.

Making my way down stairs, I ran into a few frat brothers, all three giving me funny looks.

"Hi, Nabella," one of them said with a cheeky grin.

"Hello," I said cautiously and went on my way. They chattered behind me as I went toward the smell of food in the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted Hazel, Monica, Gideon, and Clyde all sitting at the island, eating breakfast.

"He has to be there," Monica said, putting a slice of bacon into her mouth.

"They said he wasn't--" Gideon cut himself off, finally taking notice of my arrival in the room. "Hey look who woke up."

Everyone snapped their eyes to me. I smiled nervously at the sudden overwhelming feeling. "I didn't know you guys were having a secret meeting."

"Oh, it's not," Clyde shook his head and got up from his seat. Cupping my face, he kissed me hello. Dropping his voice to a whisper, he asked: "How are you feeling?"

"Great." I smiled. "And you? I didn't think it was possible to go at it that many times--"

"Ewww," Hazel yelped. "Can you guys not? I'm eating here."

We laughed, including Gideon and Monica.

"You guys find this funny, but I don't," Hazel spat, "I'm literally sandwiched between couples now. Nabella and Clyde." She gestured at us, "And Gideon and Monica."

"Hey," Monica shouted, "I have a boyfriend. Nathan and I are not together."

"Yes, yes you are," Hazel assured her, picking up a white coffee mug. "You two are like a crabby married couple that got to that annoying stage of your relationship where you stopped having sex and just always fight."

"We're not like that," Gideon chipped in. "It's more like one of those office relationships. I'm her boss and she's undeniably in love with me, but she can't admit it so she masks her passion by ridiculing me."

"THAT NEVER HAPPPENS IN REAL LIFE!" Monica practically screams at the top of her lungs.

"Okay, you two love birds settle down. Settle down," Clyde told them, then turned to me. "I made some eggs and waffles for you, if you want."

"I'd love some." I couldn't help grin like an idiot at how considerate he was. Before walking off to the microwave to get my breakfast, I asked Clyde: "Who were you guys talking about when I walked in?"

A shadow crossed his face. "We were talking about your human."

"What happened?" I asked, finding my tone more tense then I had wanted it to be. "Clyde...." I trailed off.

"Nothing serious has happened that you need to worry about," he announced softly, brushing a hand over my hair. "It's just that the people I sent over reported back to me and they said they couldn't locate him in the places they thought he'd be. He wasn't in his apartment, or his university is, and he wasn't at any of his friends apartments. I had them check there, too."