Chapter Ten

CJ's P.O.V.

I reached at venue little late cause of mywork. I was in my black suit with white shirt and black tie. I searched forDuncan but didn't find him. I was searching for him in crowd and my eyes stopat her. She was wearing very nice black dress. She was looking beautiful. Verydifferent than everyday. I know Layla make her wear those pumps and clothes.But she was breath taking and her hair. They were so long. Wow. I can't stop myself and i reach to her.

I put my hand very gently on her back andwhisper "you look beautiful"

She shocked and turns around but when shesaw me, she smiled "thanks. You are looking beautiful too"

Me: "Thanks"

Nicole: "would you like to drinksomething?"

Me: "That should be my line. Well nothing.Where is Duncan? I am looking for him."

Nicole: "he is with Layla... somewhere inthe house, I don't know exactly."

Me: "well that's okay. I was looking fornice company and i found you. Would you like to come with me?"

Nicole: "why? You came alone. Duncan toldeveryone too bring their family with them... where is your girl friend?"

Me: "i don't have any girl friend. And myparents are at Europe so i am all by myself. Now would you like to be with mein this special night?"

Nicole: "yeah sure"

We start walking towards the small stage sothat we can sit there. How i say to her that i want you to be my girlfriend andmy wife. Suddenly i here Duncan's voice and i came out of my thought.

Duncan: "Hello everyone. Welcome to yourparty. This party is not for only my success but our company success and thatwasn't possible without you all. You hardwork, dedication and love to your jobput us in number one position. So this party is for you all. Feel your self proudand make your self comfortable. Ispecially want to thanks Nicole. Nicole it hadn't been possible without you.Your mind and creativity bring us to number one. So thank you for be with me.And Layla what to do i say to you. You are everything to me. Your support andhelp keeps me going. And finally special thanks to my parents who believe meand allow me to start my own business rather then just join them. So thanksdad. I want to call Nicole and Layla on stage. Please come."

She hesitantly goes to stage. She doesn'twant come in any spotlight but she has no choice. She stands their folding herarms and looked at me. I smiled at her.

It was fun. We dance, eat. The whole nighti was with her. Now she was tired. She was looking for someone.

Nicole: "hey Layla, Duncan... "

They both look at her and smiled. I waswith her too.

Nicole: "listen i am sorry but now i haveto go home. It was 2 of night. And m feeling sleepy. And thanks for the allrespect you guys gave to me. "

Duncan: "stay here tonight. We have plentyof rooms."

Nicole: "i have to go. I can't stay here"

I: "i also want to take your leave guys. Ihave to catch a plane tomorrow early in the morning. And I'll drop Nicole. Sodon't worry."

Nicole: "you don't have to do that. I'll goby myself."

I: "don't forget what i told you last timewhen i come to drop you... and how can allow myself to let you go by your own."

Nicole: "yes, i remember that. Okay."

Duncan: "okay guys. Good night. I will beglad if you stay. But that's okay. See you tomorrow in the office. And CJ youare going to LA, right?"

Me: "Yes, I have a project there. So mgoing for week or so. So see you after that. Bye. Good night. Enjoy"

We say our good byes to them and startwalking towards parking. I open passenger door for her. And then slide to myseat. Her house was quite far so i got a chance to talk with her alone.

-