Chapter Eight

I open passenger door for her. She slid in and i close the door. I walked to driving side and slide down. I start the car. 5 minutes past but none of us say anything. I looked at her she was looking outside the window. I break the silence.

"So you are designer at D's?"

'Yes'

"You must be very talented. Because as long i know D, he doesn't hire freshly graduate."

'I don't know but he asked me before my graduation and i said yes to him."

I like to talk to her. Her voice is like whisper. She speaks so softly.

"Do you mind if i start some music?"

'No.'

"Thanks."

'Welcome'

The soft music is going on. Suddenly I hear a sound. I looked at her and she was smiling and holding her stomach.

'Sorry. Bad timing.'

"Your stomach is hungry. Do you want to eat something?"

'No no. Just drop me.'

"It's bad to starve yourself, dear. Eat something"

'I'll eat something at home.'

"Sure?"

'Yeah, sure'

"Promise?"

'Promise.'

Slowly i feel she is now comfortable with me. She is now talking with me. Just her place comes. The atmosphere suddenly changes. There was very less light. You can see bikes and bikers. People are smoking and drinking. There were women standing there is very short dresses. I don't like her to be here. I need to make her move fast very fast. I looked at her.

She was looking down. Not meeting my eyes. I know she is feeling guilty to bring me here.

"You should move from here."

'I know but this is all i afford right now'

"If there is a money problem, i can talk with Duncan"

'No that's not a problem. Duncan is very helpful.'

"Then what is the problem?" i speak little louder than usual. I was feeling very angry inside. I don't want to leave her alone. I know i spoke little harsh.

'It's not your concern'

"I am sorry. I don't mean to hurt you. But this place is not good for you."

'That's okay. I am finding another place. But i don't wan any financial help. So m saving money'

"But you can't risk your life here for long time"

'I know. I'll figure out something. Well. That's my home. Thank you so much for dropping me"

"Anytime."

'Bye. Good night'

"Good night. Bye. Hope to see you soon."

I was still there. I want to make sure she'll reach safely.

'I'll be fine. Don't worry. Just go'

"Not until you reach your home safely and waved me from that window"

'Are you serious?'

"Yes i am. You are my responsibility. I have to give answer to Duncan as well as myself also if something happen to you.

'Okay'

I wait there. I saw time on my watch. After 5 minutes she waved her hand to me and I waved back. I took turn and start driving towards my home. On my way I decided I have to do something to move her from here. No matter what happen. If she hates me for that, I don't mind but I don't allow her to be here, in this disgusting place.