"Harry, I don't want to talk about it."

He doesn't understand, he can never understand.

"That's okay..." Harry nods, "just know I'm here for you."

I open my mouth to thank him, but before I can the door opens and a nurse comes out. A very old one.

"Rachel Edwards?" the lady asks, her voice loud and snobby, her accent prissy.

Great! The scary nurse can just be the icing on the cake to this situation.

Harry helps me up, surprising me by just lifting me into his arms and carrying me through the doorway. I'm astonished by his strength. This is a little awkward, though this makes me feel safer than not being in his arms and in a wheelchair. I wrap my arms around his neck to be as close as possible and rest my head on his shoulder. The nurse on the other hand seems to glare at the two of us, probably thinking we are just immature.

We follow her to an exam room and she opens the door for us.

"Set her down on the chair," she flicks her pointed finger towards the large seat, making me feel like I'm just a sack of potatoes. Harry complies, nodding slowly. From the look on his face I can tell he's a little afraid of her too.

After setting me down gently he cups my cheeks in his hands and kisses my lips softly, his lips slowly giving me a sensation to help calm me down.

"Ahem!" the cranky old witch clears her throat, telling us she's still present. Harry breaks his kiss and turns around so we can see what she wants. "The doctor will be here shortly. Take your shoes off to be ready to be examined. And please, this is a professional environment."

I nod and the nurse leaves with one last glare of disapproval before slamming the door.

"Don't let that old lady scare you more, princess," Harry laughs, turning back to me and planting a kiss at the top of my head. "And if you want to piss her off more, we can finish what we started at my place."

That joke actually makes me laugh.

He bends down to untie my shoe, pulling it off steadily so I'm not in pain. The shoe is set aside and I can't even take a breath because the door opens and a somewhat middle aged man walks in, the doctor.

My muscles grow tense and I squeeze my hands on the bottom of the cushioned seat as the man walks towards me. Harry steps aside, taking my hand from the chair to hold his.

"Ah, Ms. Edwards, is it?" the man asks, raising his glasses, glancing at the clipboard in his hands then at me.

I'm afraid to reply, to speak, to do anything. My hand squeezes Harry's and I'm caught off guard when he answers for me.

"Yes sir."

The doctor places his papers on the counter. "I heard about your..situation, with the media, and we've forced all to leave the premises of the office," he informs. I guess Harry must have told him who he was.

Harry thanks him and the man orders me to scoot back on the seat so my feet can rest on the pull out cushion. I look at Harry, I don't know why. It's not like he can move for me like he talked. Harry kindly helps to move me back though, and now it's time for the worst part, the exam.