Chapter Twenty - The Search for Tweedle

LONG OVERDUE AGAIN PLEASE DONT MURDER ME

"I want all Nature wolves to search the Western side of the mountains, and Water wolves the East. I want" the Fire wolves to search among the departed, and all the Sky wolves to split in half and explore the forest and desert. My Void wolves, sneak into the DarkOne lair and look - we can never be too aware of her whereabouts. I will search as well, soaring the skies. Dismiss!" I leapt down from the Firerock and launched myself into the air.

"Oh, and Garmau," I shouted from above, and he looked up, "search camp for her."

I see him nod, although vaguely.

I circle camp one last time, like a hungry hawk, and then take off for Sacrifice Isle.

I see all The Void wolves slowly crossing and revealing the red, transparent pathway to the Isle. Their leader looks up and nods at me. I nod back and zip away towards the Desert.

A few Sky wolves are riding on a cloud one of them created, while the rest walk.

I zip past them and to the Stone Patch in the northwestern corner of the desert.

I fly swiftly back over to the the Sky cloud and float down onto it as it moves along. Upon seeing caves in the mountains, the cloud will land and a wolf will get off. I sit down on the cloud once it stops.

"Any sign yet?" I ask.

"Naomi, I mean Alpha, we just began this. I mean this in no disrespect, Alpha, but this will take extreme patience."

I nod at Fiorie, the wolf who spoke. I launch off and and make my way, slowly, to Tree's cave. I scan the mountains as I fly along, searching in hope for Tweedle.

One hour later

"Tree, come to me," I chant, waiting for her purple aura.

A purple spark hangs in the air, then quickly evolves into Tree's shape.

"Ah, hello, Naomi," she says delightfully. "Or shall I say Alpha?"

"How do you know about that? And no, someone as high as your standing has no need to call me Alpha."

"I can see the whole world, I can see what happens between our Packs. And, Spirit Keepers are one "standing" lower than Alpha. Besides, I hate it being called a rank or a standing, so don't call it that."

"Well, on my main note... Where's Tweedle? Can you show me?"

"I can try. It will be a new magic, so it will be a little scratchy."

She retreats to the back of her cave and then returns with nothing. She closes her eyes and a white orb appeared in the air. I step closer, examining it.

"Say what you want to see," she advises.

"Show me Tweedle," I say, and the view in the orb zooms up to the sky, and zips all the way to a tree. Then down a hole.

"No..." I gasp.