Chapter Eleven: A Sandy & Sticky Situation

I am marking  this as ch 11 because the Chapter 7 Part #s ARE confusing, and the real chapters, not in parts, counted up to eleven. Deal with it.

Tweedle 

I cowered in the corner of the dark cave. Yes, dark, which is honestly hard to believe, considering the moon was full.

I walked over to the entrance of the cave, unable to escape because of the two SandPack guards stationed right outside. Now I wish I was Naomi, I could just fly away.

A while back, well, an hour or so ago, a SandPack guard knocked me out and dragged me here. I am in the prisoner's den.

I looked through the gap between the two guards' heads, hoping for any sign of rescue. Surely they would be worried by now.

Or, by now, they would figure I'm on my way back.

I wish I was one of these: A Void or Naomi. Voids learn to communicate telepathically to well-known wolves. And Naomi could just slap the wolves with her wings and fly away.

I noticed movement -- considering how low my sanity has gone, I could be imagining things, or it's just a light breeze sweeping the sand across the sand-dusted camp.

But no, it was real, actual movement of a wolf -- now two -- now three -- now the whole Pack.

"Release the prisoner!" Shouted an all-white wolf, who bound up to the top of a firm, sturdy pile of sand. So that's like their Firerock?

The guards stepped aside, allowing me to  emerge. Before I could walk past them, they squeezed me in between them in an effort to keep me from escaping. They made me sit down in the dead center of the crowd, glaring eyes on me. The wolves were all colored in sandy shades.

"I did nothing," I spit right off the bat, "but merely get past the obstacle of a DarkOne."

The crowd murmured, and the alpha commanded silence.

"What is your name, DarkOne-killer?"

"Tweedle." I growled, shifting my paws deep into the sand.

"That does not fit you. I like the name Killer for you."

I growled, "No! My friends shall not see me as a murderer!" I spit onto their sand, raising shocked gasps from the crowd. "Besides, the DarkOne is still alive."

"Alright, how 'bout this," said a dark yellow male, stepping up beside the alpha. Before he could continue, the alpha turned to the yellow male.

"Leave this to me, Ash, this matter isn't for you."

"I am your beta, I have my rights," snapped the yellow male.

"I'll give you two choices," the yellow male, the beta, continued. "Die or join SandPack. The green fur won't suit us, but it'll have to do." I stared off into space, closing my eyes. I didn't want to choose. I didn't want to do this, I wanted to go home to my friends.