Chapter 4

No Ones POV

When Louis woke up the next morning Steve, his dad, had already left to go to the bar. Louis slowly crawled out from under his bed and limped into the living room. His ankle was still sore from Steve pulling on it the night before and Louis was relieved that the door to his room was left open so he didn't have to jump to get out of his room.

Louis slowly walked into the kitchen and filled his sippy cup with some water for his dry mouth. He hadn't drank anything the day before thanks to his dad coming home from work early and beating him before Louis fell asleep under his bed. He greedily drank the whole cup of water before refilling it and walking back into the living room with the cup and climbing into the couch with his short chubby baby legs.

A small chubby hand reached out for the remote and pushed the on button, soon pretty pictures of a cartoon started playing in the television set and it caught the small toddlers attention as he sat drinking from his sippy cup with slightly tired eyes. Even though he slept the whole night through and only woke up half an hour ago, he was tossing and turning under his bed and pain was shooting through his whole body making it impossible for the young boy to have a good nights rest.

The day carried on very much the same as it always has for the small boy living in this hell hole he calls his home. The two year old sat on the couch watching the pretty pictures fly across the screen but never really paying attention to what was happening. Every once and a while he would get up to refill his sippy cup and once he grabbed an same box of prepackaged cereal.

This is the life Louis has always known, and he thought is was always going to be this way. He thought this was normal, don't all dad's do what his dad does? Beat his small body till is black and blue. Make blood come pouring out of his nose and mouth? Blame him for every little thing wrong in his life? Louis was raised believing that is how life worked and this is how it is supposed to be. He has never felt compassion and gentleness. And most of all he has never felt love.

=====================

It was around five o'clockwhen Steve came barging through the front door of the apartment building drunk. He stumbled into the living room and when his eyes landed on the peacefully sleeping toddler his blood boiled.

Steve had been sitting in a bar all day drinking away his emotions. The hatred for his son was building up through out the whole day and when his eyes landed on Louis he snapped. He hastily ran into the bathroom and started to fill up the tub.

When Louis woke up to running water he was excited at the prospect of a bath. He hadn't been clean in almost two weeks and he felt disgusting. Louis sat up on the couch and gently got off the couch, when Steve came charging back into the living room. He started to ruffly pull off the toddlers clothes leaving him in only his spoiled nappy and dragged him by his hair into the bathroom. He Shoved the small boy into the bath he held his head under the water until the toddler was kicking and punching trying to bring his head back from under the water to get some air in his tiny lungs.

Steve lost his grip on the squirming toddler of a second and Louis shot up from the surface of the water and took in a huge breath before Steve shoved him back under the water. Louis squirmed from under the surface of the water once again before he was able to punch his father as hard as his small hand could in the nose.

Steve stumbled back clutching his nose, the toddler took this opportunity to climb out of the tub, ignoring the pain shooting up his leg from his hurt ankle and run out of the bathroom and into the living room.

Louis was desperately trying to get air back into his lungs as he ran  around looking around for a place to hide out of reach of his evil father, when he saw the front door of the flat sitting wide open. Steve in his haste to get rid to the buy forgot to shut the door that was key to the toddlers escape. He ran out of the flat hearing his dad starting to stumble out of the bathroom and started to bang on the door of the house he was shown to days before.