"You don't want her seeing that." I finish, wiping away her new tears.

"Yeah," She sighs, her eyes closing as tears slip down her cheeks, my cold fingers gently brushing them away. "But, the doctors are remaining optimistic, so I'll try."

"Where's your mother's hospital? If you don't mind me asking." While her mother may not know me as Bella's friend, I guess I could explain, somewhat.

Better than being alone, right?

"She's in Phoenix, a private hospital. I didn't want press to bug her and ruin everything." Bella whispers. "I just want what's best for my family."

I pull her into a hug, tucking her head under my chin.

"There's nothing wrong with that," I tell her softly. "You have every right too."

I gently rub her back for a few minutes before she breaks the silence between us.

"I'm sorry I haven't returned your emails," She murmurs "I was just so preoccupied with my Mom, I had to watch Jane, Phil is nowhere to be found so I'm looking for him too--"

"Shhh, it's okay. I figured it was something along those lines." I tell her soothingly. 

"Can we talk about something else?" She sniffs, pulling away to wipe more tears away from her face.

I nod. "I've always wondered how you became an actress," I offer.

She snorts.

"No, I'm serious!" I protest as she bursts into giggles. 

"I know," She laughs "It's just an odd question, you can literally look up my latest interview on YouTube and find out."

"Oh?"

"Mm-hmm. But you really want to know?" She glances at me, we're both leaning against the railing now, looking out at the calm waves, her eyebrow raised.

"I do,"

"It was five years ago," Bella starts, "I was nineteen. Back then I was bouncing back and forth from Phoenix and Forks, checking in on mom, Phil, and Jane, as well as my father. I was boarding a plane to head to Phoenix, my Dad was still 'asleep'.

When I got to my seat, I thought I would be alone. I had my parent's medical bills out, for both of them, as well as my mother and father's mortgage notices, bills, and all kinds of things that had to be paid that I didn't have money for. Everything was going out, pretty much nothing was coming in."

"What about Phil? Didn't he have a job?" I wonder aloud.

Bella sighs, frustrated, it seems. "He got fired, Renee became his only priority and so he lost his job. I was the only source of income, but when your only job is working at a library with tight funds, something's gotta go."

"Oh." Is all I say.

"Anyway," Bella continues "I was wondering how I was supposed to get all this paid for. My mind was going in circles. It seemed inevitable that I take on multiple jobs and forget about college. I did, but as I did the math, some things would still go unpaid for. Big things."

She takes a breath, exhaling a small white cloud into the air. She rubs her hands together, shivering slightly. I walk around her and wrap my arms around her waist, tugging her back to my chest in an effort to keep her warm.

Her breathing hitches, her heart stammering unevenly.

Just like mine.

"Go on," I prod "I want to hear more."

More accurately, I just wanted to hear her speak.

"So, as I was saying, I was stressing out. That's when someone cleared their throat. I looked over, and guess who I saw?"