Chapter 20

"Amanda, here's another reunion at Roosevelt Hotel this Saturday." Gorgy told Amanda while she was deeply focused on her novel.

"Reunion? College or High school?"

"High school."

"What? Didn't they have a reunion last month?" She said without even looking at Gorgy.

"Well, it was cancelled since a lot couldn't come. Seems like everybody in your high school are coming this time." Gorgy read the names that were going to the said reunion.

"I'm still not going."

"Why? Gillian's going."

"Really?"

"Well, I don't know yet, but she's probably going to come."

Amanda stopped working and looked at Gorgy. "As long as Gillian's going to  be there.  But, I really do not want to go."

Gorgy nodded, trying to assure Amanda that she's not going, but actually, he clicked the yes button secretly.

"By the way, bring escorts." Gorgy added.

"So, are you going to attend this time?" Gillian grabbed a chair beside Amanda and placed her right arm onto the table. Amanda has been working on her novel by the time she got back to New York from California.

"Attend what?" Amanda managed to ask, amidst deeply focused working on her novel at the same time.

"The reunion."

"Huh?"

"St. Catherine's Girl's Private school reunion."

This time, Amanda looked at Gillian confused at what she was talking about until she remembers the invitation Gorgy told her about.

"Are you going?" Amanda asked, back to working her novel.

"Of course I am. I miss our batch. You should go too."

"I don't know, Gill."

"Can't you see that we are meant to go to this reunion? We decline the invitation, but it got cancelled. Come on! Let's go!" Gillian shook Amanda's arm repeatedly.

"Okay. Okay. Fine. We'll go together but, what am I going to do there? You don't have any problem since you know people there and they can talk to you easily. You're the only one who understands my introvert personality."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure it'll be different this time. You're successful! Everyone's reading your novel and they love it. You'll be fine!"

Gillian grabbed Amanda's hands away from her laptop and tightly hold them. Amanda rolled her eyes and smiled. "Fine. Okay."

"YES! Now, what are we going to wear?"

"I don't know."

"And who will be your escort?"

"I don't need one. I just need a dress."

When Saturday night came, Gillian was fixing her boyfriend's tie at Amanda's apartment.

"You look really cute, honey." Gillian said, smiling at her boyfriend of 5 years and pinches his cheeks. Mike rubbed his cheeks and fixed his glasses, blushing.

"Thanks. You look really great, honey." Mike said, looking at her with her lavender vintage dress and her curly brown hair that tumbles down her shoulders which he loves to look at. Gillian smile, bashfully.

"This is so exciting! We never had prom before, you know." Gillian shared. "Just a graduation's ball."

"I'm ready now." Amanda went out of her closet as Gorgy was behind her. Gillian gasped and Mike smiled at her.