Chapter 15

Amanda woke up the next day in her old bedroom. She let her eyes wander around. A lot has changed.

Her room used to be in a sky blue, but now everything is neutral in color, from the walls to the bed sheets, it has became a guest bedroom. It didn't look like her old room but it still felt like it was still hers.

Amanda pushed aside the white curtains, letting in the sun's warmth into her bedroom, but the cold wind went inside instead. She looked outside her window and leaned, watching the dried leaves being swept away by the strong winds.

"Good morning, sis." Emma greeted Amanda as soon as she entered the dining area. She placed the pancakes on the table where both of her boys were waiting for their breakfast.

"Morning." Amanda greeted in a dead tone.

"Amanda looks like a zombie." Emma's son, Noah, said as he laugh at Amanda's hay bed hair. "Look at her hair. Birds can lay eggs in there."

"Noah, just eat your breakfast." Emma told her son, in a soft manner.

"Where's mom?" Amanda asked, walking lazily.

" She went early, sis. Phil is coming today."Emma said, giving her little sister a comforting smile. She knew her sister didn't like the idea of their mother remarrying especially at the age of 47, 10 years after their father passed away. When Caroline told them about Phil, it was Amanda who was greatly affected by it, but she has always been the type to hide her feelings away.

And ever since then, Emma watched her mother and sister's relationship grew distant.

"Ah."Amanda went to the kitchen counter and poured coffee in her white mug. As she sipped the warm and soothing aroma of the coffee, she looked at her sister and her family as all of them were talking and laughing with each other, eating their breakfast together.

Emma got more beautiful the last time she saw her. Her sister has always been the prettiest among them: smart, beautiful and approachable; it has always been her. But, Amanda doesn't hate her. In fact, she admires her. And as much as she wanted to be like her, she decided not to because Amanda thinks that people are created differently for a reason. But, she was a sight, laughing with her family. She looks very happy.

"OW!" Amanda jolted when she felt the hot coffee burning her lips.

"Are you okay there, Amanda?" Carl, Emma's husband asked.

"Yeah. I'm-I'm fine." Amanda said, as she placed the mug on the counter, licking her upper lip with her tongue.

"Let's talk about something, sister." Emma asked when breakfast was over and the boys were away as she began to wash the dishes. "Tell me about this Henry Hudson. I mean, I know the man from the television and that he's a son of a businessman, but who is he really?"

Amanda sipped her coffee first before she gave a reply. "He's vain, narcissistic and egocentric."

Emma gave a soft laugh. "Look at you. You're exaggerating. He's not really like that, isn't he?"

"He is. He's not Lenny Sommers. He's not sweet and kind and lovable. He's not a gentleman, unlike dad and he fools a lot with women. I don't know what's fun about it."

"Is he really like that? He really is a bad boy then." Emma assumed.

Bad? Well, he isn't really that bad. "He just plays around with them. Gets drunk and have sex. Goes around and does not follow laws because, he's already drunk along with his bimbos."

"Women are attracted to him."

"Yes."

"No wonder why. He got everything they wished for."