Chapter 16

After seeing a yogurt commercial on the television, Amanda craved for a yogurt that day and was greatly disappointed when she found none in her refrigerator. She decided to buy some at a yogurt shop a few blocks from her apartment. It wouldn't hurt to have some little sunshine for once. 

Enjoying her blueberry yogurt, Amanda was passing by some shops until she spotted an eyeglasses store. She checked it in, and found hundreds of glasses in there in different forms and styles. An old woman greeted her with a smile. Amanda politely smiled back.

"Are you going to buy, young lady?" the old woman, in her 70's, asked Amanda.

"What are your designs here?" Amanda asked, looking around.

"Well, what do you like?"

Amanda continued to look around and eventually, caught her eye on one.

Gorgy and Gillian were exchanging comments , looking at Amanda, who seems to be busy reading an internet article in the web. They were secretly talking to themselves about the sudden change of Amanda's appearance: a plain white shirt, blue denim jeans and black flats. Her glasses were new, too. Not those boring thick square glasses, but a stylish black, vintage frame style.

"Look at her new glasses. She looks great in them." Gillian commented.

"I know right? She's even wearing jeans." Gorgy added.

"She's even wearing the diamond necklace that her sister bought for her 5 months ago."

"That she never wore." Gorgy corrected.

"That she never wore. Do you think she's going somewhere?"

"I don't think she's going somewhere."

"But, look at her clothes. She dresses so well now, of course she's going somewhere."

"Where? Don't tell me she's going on a date?"

"What? With who-"

Amanda stopped and looked at them through her new frame glasses. "Guys, if you're talking about me, make sure you're 10 feet away. I could seriously hear you."

"We were just wondering...what's with you today?" Gorgy asked.

"What?"

"You look..different. In a good way, of course." Gillian said.

"Great way, even." Gorgy added.

"Yes, great way. We were just wondering...what made you...change all of a sudden?"

"It's just research. I'm doing another novel. I'm disregarding the other one and...I'm making something new." Amanda answered.

"And that involves?" Gorgy asked.

"Independent, smart and classy women."

"OOOOHHHHH.." Gorgy and Gillian nodded at each other.

"Well, that's interesting. Why change?" Gorgy asked, crossing his arms together, greatly interested.

"I just think it's time to write novels that needs women to be the protagonists. Usually, the women in my books are "side protagonists" that helps people. Why not make them the "protagonists"."

Gorgy and Gillian went silent.

"Is it bad?" Amanda asked, waiting for a reply.

"Well...I think it's fabulous. I love it." Gorgy said, smiling.

"Me, too! That's absolutely amazing!" Gillian, clasped her hands together. "I'm sooo excited!"

Amanda chuckled. "Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it."