Chapter 25

*Amanda woke up with a chill inside her apartment. She got up from bed and looked at the window. The streets were already covered in crushed ice blankets. People were in coats. The bare trees were all covered in white snow. It's December. She smiled. She loves the winter season.

She went to her kitchen, helped herself with a warm cup of coffee and sat on her kitchen stool, staring blankly into space. She shook her head and opened her laptop to check some mails. No new mails. She reached for her phone. No New Messages. She gave a sigh.

She went to her sofa and turned on the television. No good, as she switched every channel and turned it off. She looked at her book wall and took out the Pride and Prejudice book she didn't finished for almost 2 weeks. She read until lunch time came.

She decided to take a warm bath and bought lunch then went back again to her apartment. She ate her lunch alone. She opened her mail while eating. New mail. She opened it but she frowned when it was only an advertisement. She checked her phone. No New Messages.

"Get a grip, Amanda." Amanda said to herself and finished her lunch. 

The sight outside was a beauty. Amanda watched the snow falling down gracefully. This reminded her of the heavy down pour 2 days ago.

Her phone rang when the clock strike 3. Amanda reached for her phone. It was a message from Gillian. I'm coming over.

~~~~~

"What's with this atmosphere?" Gillian said as she looked around Amanda's room. "It's feels depressing and gloomy and cold."

"It's just winter." Amanda replied.

"I think it's time for you to put on some Christmas decorations. Some joy to your room."

Amanda sat at her kitchen stool. "I'm planning to. I'm about to hang them around this evening."

"Why don't you do it now?"

"It's best to hang them at night."

"What are you up to now?"

"Nothing much. Reading a book, feeling warm." Amanda smiled.

"You really like winter. I'm even surprised why I am surprised."

"Winter is great. People get to stay at home, drinking warm drinks, reading books. I don't get to have a lot of people saying, you should go out. The weather is great. Things like that."

"This is really your season."

It was already evening and Amanda was carrying a large box full of Christmas decorations. Both of them helped as they decorated Amanda's apartment.

"That's better." Gillian commented as she watched Amanda decorating her Christmas tree. Amanda replied with a smile at her best friend.

"So is everything good?" Amanda asked Gillian about the wedding.

"Yeah. Mike's parents were a bit in the uncomfortable side but they agreed eventually." Gillian went silent for a moment before giving off a squeal, completely surprised Amanda. "I'm getting married!"

Amanda chuckled, shaking her head. She was excited for her best friend.

"Anyway, enough about my wedding." Gillian gave off a grin before continuing. "How was your Seattle trip?

Amanda's memories were still fresh about that night even though it was 2 days ago. She loves the feeling of the rain touching her delicate skin as Henry watched her. She notice he wasn't smiling anymore. Like something was bothering him.

"Hey!" Amanda called out to Henry. He looked at her, surprised; those cool grey eyes has seem to lost composure and somewhat scared. She went to him, concerned. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. L-look. You're all wet. Let's get you back to the hotel." He said. Amanda eventually agreed and he did send her back to her hotel.

And that was the last time Amanda saw Henry.

"It was okay."Amanda said as she raised her right shoulder.

"Did you see Henry Hudson?"

"Yeah."

Gillian grinned at Amanda.

She saw this. "What? It's not a big deal."

"I don't know but I just can't get rid of the thought that he really came to your reunion. This is super something. Maybe he likes-"

Amanda quickly shoved Gillian a hand. "Don't you even try to finish that sentence. Don't even dare." She said it in a firm manner.

"Why can't you admit that this man-this gorgeous living creature- may have the possibility of liking you?"

If you only knew, Gill. "No. That man? Pssh. Nope."

"Amanda, I'm your best friend. We've been friends for like we were still wearing braces on our teeth. Every time that we talk about your love life, you're always pessimistic. Why are you this pessimistic, Amanda? Are you scared?"

Amanda scoffed. "No. What would I be scared of?"

"That there's a possibility that Henry Hudson may have come to like you?"

"Why is that?" Amanda folded her arms, facing Gillian.

Gillian carefully chose her words. "Well, the reunion was one. There was that time when we had a sleepover at your house and some point, you went out and went to the balcony. 

"You were awake?"

"Yeah. You were even whispering and smiling."

"But that doesn't prove anything."

"When he went to your hometown. Your mother told me."

"You also knew that?!" Damn it, mom!

"I decided to just keep it in me but the reunion was just something, Amanda."

"He was just being nice." Amanda said before turning her back at Gillian. Gillian could only watched Amanda packing the boxes. Anything's possible, Amanda. Gillian reached for Amanda's phone. No New Messages. Then placed it back.

Amanda came back, clapped her hands to shake off the dust. "So, what's for dinner?"

*I imagined Dear No One by Tori Kelly playing by the background. Although, I prefer the older version of it.*