chapter 1; hide-and-seek

CHAPTER ONE:
HIDE-AND-SEEK

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

THE PREDATOR

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

          ODYSSEUS OCCUPIED AN abandoned apartment across his mate's. He observed her every move, watched as she awoke from a phone call, and rose from her bed in nothing but a pair of panties and an oversized t-shirt, her breasts poking through it. He sucked in a breath, imagining his fingers sliding over them, teasing them, while his mouth would work his way onto that distinctive spot in the nook of her neck. He would plant his lips there, suck, then slowly but surely, take a bite out of her delectable, ivory skin to mark her as his.

          After that, he would take his time and start by nibbling her jaw with his sharp teeth, he wanted every part of her covered with his scent. He would then dig his two fingers into her mouth, and trace his fingers from her mouth to the area between her thighs and draw wet circles around her sensitive points before replacing his fingers with his mouth. He could feel himself harden, aching to relieve himself from the discomfort, as he reached to cup his hand around his groin and leaned back against the windowsill.

          He shivered, this was going to be a long day.

          He had planned every aspect of his mate's day, unknowingly to her. She would discover the fingers, where in his mind—it was a beautiful gesture that showed the attestation of his love and devotion, but it also served as a stringent warning to her: she was his, even though she didn't exactly know who he was, yet. Then, she would instinctively bring this Theo she had been talking to all morning through the phone to assert the dire situation in her apartment, oblivious to the fact that she would walk him directly into the hands of his demise.

          Because he was going to rip him into shreds.

          He could hear his voice on the other end of the phone through his heightened wolf senses, lingering on every word his mate uttered, reveling in the fact that she was doing the same. Disgust and jealousy coursed through every inch of his body. He firmly shut his eyes closed, breathing deeply as the warmth of his lungs working emanated throughout his body. His control over his wolf was slowly slipping beneath his reins, a sign that he was running out of time. His wolf wasn't prepared to withstand this retched city. He couldn't even remember the last time he shifted. But his mate had decided that this city was her temporary home, and so for that, Odysseus and his wolf would need to be able to endure it for just a little longer.

          He flexed his knuckles and opened his eyes just in time to see her long legs carry her towards her front door. As she picked up two boxes outside of her door, her round rear end was revealed beneath the hem of her t-shirt, teasing Odysseus to cop a hand and squeeze.

          He'd want more than that.

          He wanted her bended over her kitchen counter and those ridiculous panties, that displayed the word, "Friday," across her ass, out of his way.

          It was a Tuesday. Odysseus's face erupted into a bright smile, adorable.

          He imagined as he would step back and admire the view of her half-naked body angled above the kitchen counter. Just the thought of his mate in that vulnerable position, waiting for him like she had with the other man, had him stirring in his seat against the windowsill out of pure anticipation. He wanted to find out how she felt, tasted, he wanted to hear his name slip between those pretty little lips of hers in between strokes, but most importantly, he wanted to hear her utter those two menial words that confirmed she was his: I'm yours.