Heart Attack

Chris' POV

"That's none of your business. What did you say to her?" I try to lower my voice as much as possible.

"I'm wondering, why didn't she gave me her message for you!" She says, sarcasm clear in her voice. I've never wanted to slap any woman this much before.

"Because they were not yours to take." I tell her.

She scoffs but comes near me. I don't move from my position. The only thought that's present in my mind currently is that why Mahi and Tyler were calling me. She even called on my office phone. Is everything all right?

"Why aren't you dressed in your office clothes, Chris?" Sarah says, standing in front of me.

"I was in a hurry, why are you in my office?" I ask her, even though I don't want to talk to her.

Sarah comes even closer to me and snakes her arm across my neck, looking directly at me in the eyes. I take a step back and try to escape from her hold but she comes forward, stepping on my foot and nearly falling in the process. I catch her before she falls and we are in this weird position.

I look in her eyes while she's staring in mine and there's a flashback of all the moments we spent together, in front of my eyes. The way I tried to make her laugh every time we went out together, the way we used to share my clothes whenever she stayed over at my place, the way we used to hold hands while walking and I get lost in the hazel orbs.

I don't realise when I started watching jet black eyes instead of hazel ones and when all the memories get changed with the last night's events. Before I know it, I make Mahi stand on her feet, even though I don't want to, and pull her even closer to me. This is what I want and this is what feels like coming home. I want her here, in my arms, in my boring office, at my home, where I live alone. I want her around me, everywhere. I move my face inches closer to her and lock my eyes with hers. My grip on her waist tightens and she is slightly rubbing my neck with her one hand and her other hand is on my cheeks. I love this feeling and I torture her by brushing my nose with hers, still not kissing her. But I know she wants this. I'm sure of it.

As I press my body against hers and move even more closer to kiss her, my phone starts to ring and the trance we were in is broken.

I rub my face with my palms and release the breath I was holding. I look back at Mahi but she's not here. It's Sarah. It was never Mahi. What. The. Hell.

Sarah looks irritated, probably by the phone call. What was I thinking? I kept imagining Mahi. How's that even possible. I'm glad I was stopped by my phone.

I take my phone out of my pocket and Tyler's name flashes on the screen. I turn my back towards Sarah and pick up the call.

"What the fuck, dude? Are you even alive?" He screams through the speaker.

"I was on a call, what's wrong?" I tell him, purposely skipping the part about Sarah and what just happened.

"Mahi's..." He's interrupted by some voice and I realise that the source of the voice is standing in front of me.

"We need to talk Chris!" Sarah says for the nth time today, purposely being loud this time.

"You are unbelievable Man!" He says.

"It's not what you think, Tyler." I try to explain but he cuts me off.

"I don't want to hear it. Mahi's dad had an heart attack and I've dropped her to the airport. I'm still here and I bought one ticket extra, in case you wanted to go with her." He drops the bomb and I'm in a shock to be honest. How much more is going to happen? What else is left, I wonder.

When I don't say anything, Tyler continues, "Dude, are you listening?"

"I'm on my way." I tell him and disconnect the call.

I look at Sarah and she looks furious.

"I'm sorry Sarah! I have to go."

"But.."

"No! What just happened, it was a mistake and you probably won't hear from me, again." I say and rush to the door. I wait for the lift to arrive on my floor, constantly shifting on my feet.

With my entry in the escalator, I'm reminded of my time with Mahi this morning and how I wanted to kiss her. I didn't realise it then.

But I'm sure of it now. I'm one fucking hundred percent sure that I love her. I love her spontaneity, I love her smile, her laughter, her love for cars. I love the way she lied to Tyler for a seat, I should not say this, but I love that it was me, who was there for her when she needed someone. I love Mahi, I love her so much. Damn! It's like an urgent need, to see her, what I'm feeling right now. I want her in my arms. I want to tell her so badly. I rush out of the escalator when I reach the parking and head for my car.

I start Mia and hold the steering wheel tightly, "Let's go get our queen, Mia!" I say and move out of the parking lot.

Mahi's POV

My flight was 1 hour delayed and I've been sitting here from the last 4 5 minutes. I'm controlling my crying but it's harder than I thought it would be. It's really easy to say that to patients to stop crying during their therapy.

When Harman called, I was anxious and I had this feeling that something's not right. After hearing his words that Dad had an heart attack, I was shattered, I lost all of my mind and started crying, trying to cover my mouth with my hand. I was weeping silently and I wanted to kill myself when he told me that all this happened when he heard the news about the fire in my building. I managed to tell him that I'm coming from the first flight I get.

Luckily, Tyler found me, crying on the floor of the washroom. I told him everything and he booked my ticket. I remembered I had kept all my documents in my locker, at the hospital. Tyler drove me there and then to the airport. We both tried to call Chris but he didn't pick up. When Sarah picked up Chris' office's phone and said that she's his girlfriend, I decided not to call him again.

There's an announcement for my flight and I stand up and pick up the small bag of my documents.

I did not get to thank Chris for what he did for me. But I really want him to be happy, even if it's with Sarah. I don't think I'm coming back to London.

I'm broken and lost and I think I'll let it all happen, whatever it is, no more planning for the future!

[Yupp! I'm still alive!!!! Please don't kill me and don't stop voting, commenting and sharing.]