Lightning

Chris' POV
Should I go and have a seat or should I stand here and wait? I don't know. What if she comes here and doesn't find me and leaves? I think I should wait here, where she left me. I don't even have her number. Next time I meet a girl, first thing I'm gonna do is ask for her number. "What kind of a creepy thought is that?" I ask myself. 
But I don't know why, I have this feeling that after tonight, I won't be asking girls their numbers, ever.
I'm acting like a fucking kid whose mom left him alone at a fair and is lost and doesn't know what to do. What's wrong with me tonight? I'm thinking way too much. I think I should calm down. I'll just go outside for some fresh air. Yes, that's a good reason to go outside. It's not like I'm going to see if Mahi's still there or not. It's all completely normal and under my control. I start walking when somebody stops me by grabbing my collar.
"What the..." I begin to curse but stop when I see it's Tyler. "Dude! Have some courtesy for Armani at least." I tell him and turn my gaze to the entrance. I hope I didn't miss her coming in during these 15 seconds.
I straighten the collar of my blazer when Tyler speaks, "Thank your chick for me, will you?"
"Thank her for what?" I ask without even looking at him, completely ignoring the part about 'my chick'.
"For sending me to dance with Emily. Because of her I have a date tomorrow without even doing anything. She actually pulled off the trick of telling me her wrong name. Can you believe her?" He looks amazed. He would be more amazed when he'll find out that she sent him to lion's den because she wanted his chair.
"Yeah sure. I'll talk to you later." I say and walk away from Tyler. I think I heard him say 'Take her to your place'. I think!
I gotta find her first.
I sigh and go outside. My heart sinks when my eyes don't spot a certain brunette outside the entrance. My plan of first taking a long breath and then taking her for a walk goes to the gutter. My plan B, which did not exist until now, is to walk around in search for her. That's silly really. I think I should just go home and forget that I met her. But then I would have to forget the way my eyes stopped at her while scanning the crowd inside the club, I would have to forget the way she danced like she owned the world, I would have to forget her craziness, I would have to forget the way my heart started to do flip-flops inside my ribcage when she put her hand in my hand when I asked her to dance. I don't want to forget her dark, crazy eyes which reminded me of the night before the storm and how I want to be a victim. I never want to forget tonight. She was here minutes ago and it feels like an eternity has passed since I met her. I look towards the sky and sure enough, there's lightning and thunder. I look around, street full of people who are oblivious to the fact that there's a man standing in the middle of the street who just lost something he never had. On my right there's a bald man talking on his BlackBerry, loudly. He says on the line, "Go straight and take a right turn." He looks at me, our eyes meet for a second before he turns around and disconnects the call. I look up in the sky and smile.
'I'll find you Mahi, take my word.' I say to myself.

Mahi'sPOV
"I'll be there as fast as I can. Thanks for informing me." I told the woman on the line with as much voice as I could muster. I barely heard myself. But she asked me to be careful and come home as fast as I can, so I'm assuming she heard me. 'They've emptied the building.' She told me.
I know I should run back to the house but I don't know what to do once I get there. I don't know anybody here and the only money I've got is in my pocket and my passport... MY PASSPORT... Oh my god! oh! no! wait... yeah my documents are in my office drawer. Right!  The money in bank won't be enough. I took most of it out to pay for bills and kept it in my wallet which was in that goddamn apartment. I have absolutely nowhere to go.
'It's all finished.'
I know I will pass out if I don't sit right now. I run towards the park across the street without even watching out for vehicles coming in my direction.
I sit on the bench under a street lamp.
I'm numb in most parts. What am I going to do now? I am unable to process the information, let alone think about doing anything. I look around. I have absolutely no clue where I am. I just started walking lifelessly, dragging my feet.

Flashback-
"Mom, I've got to tell you something." I say excitedly.
I'm calling home almost after a week. I was too busy planning everything on my own but now is the time to tell them about this amazing job opportunity I got in London. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to London.
"What is it? You should've at least waited for tomorrow morning to call. Your daddy is already asleep." She starts scolding and I wonder if she'll even consider my happiness before criticizing my plans.
"I'm going to London. I got this job at a hospital. It's amazingly all that I'd wished for." I tell her.
"What do you mean you got a job? Who told you to look for a job?"
"Nobody did. I applied for it and I got it. And I'm going, whether you like it or not." I shout at my mom.
"We already let you study in Delhi for so long against our will. Now you find a job in London without asking any of us and you dare talk to me like that." She shouts even louder.
"What's wrong Sunita?" I hear my dad say in the background.
"Your daughter is going to London. Talk to her." She says to him.
I'm tired of their drama all the time so I disconnect without even talking to daddy.
I call my elder brother and tell him everything. He's the only person who can talk to my parents without creating a huge mess. He promises me that he'll talk to them and congratulates me.
A week later, I receive a parcel which contains my passport and other necessities. Daddy calls me and tells me to be careful. But also reminds me that I'm on my own in this one. I knew my brother would do it. And I know very well that mumma will also come around soon. With this hope I left my country that I'll make something out of my life which everyone will be proud of, including me.
*****
I don't know how to tell my family. The dread and horror of this circumstance strikes me when daddy's voice echoes in my head, 'You're on your own in this one Mahi.' and I start screaming, "No! No! No! Nooooo...." I tug at my hair and put my head in my lap. I welcome the tears, the proof of my dismay, on my face.
I sit in the same position for god knows how long. My head is bursting now. I wipe my already dried tears below my eyes.
"Found you!" I hear a familiar voice from behind. I turn and a tall figure appears from the dark, that be the last person I expected to see again tonight.
Force stronger than gravity pulls me towards him and I, without resistance, storm into his arms. I let all the pain takeover and cry as loudly as possible. He, on the other hand, without saying a word, holds me tightly, as if protecting me and promising me that he'll never let me go.

[Plzzzzz share, vote and comment... Thanks for reading. :) Suggestions are always welcome. ]