McDonald's

Mahi's POV

We walk silently out of the hospital but I can tell Chris' brain isn't silent. He's walking fast and clumsy and I'm trying to keep up with him. It's weird that I'm so comfortable around him when he's pulling my arm while taking me to the parking lot.

"You didn't murder any of the patients while I was in Dr. Peters' office, did you?" I tease him.

"Why else do you think we would be walking out of that place like this?" He replies sarcastically and I raise my brows at him.

"Lets get you some food so you stop eating my brain!" Chris says laughing lightly. "Where do you want to go? There's a restaurant nearby." He tells me.

"I don't think we are dressed to go to a restaurant. I think we could go some place casual." I suggest. I don't want to go to a restaurant dressed in pajamas, Chris could pull off any clothing anywhere though.

"There's McDonald's at a distance of about 10 minutes as well." He replies, looking at our attire.

"Sounds good to me."

He smiles and I give him the keys. I never noticed any McDonald's joint anywhere near the hospital. As we sit in the car, his cellphone makes a beep sound and Chris takes it out to check the reason behind the sound.

"It's a text from Tyler. He's asking where we are." He says after checking his phone, "do you mind if I tell him to come there as well?"

"Oh sure, tell him to come. Why would I mind! I can also talk to him about his problem." I assure him.

"Oh! No no no... You can't do that." He shrieks.

"Dude!!!!! What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing! Don't talk to him about that." Chris says and I give him an unconvinced look. "Fine I'll tell him first that I told you, so he doesn't feel uncomfortable." He negotiates.

"Well... I don't let others talk to my patients but since he's your friend, I think it's a good idea for you to talk to him first, you know, prepare him for the talk!" I explain.

"You're smart as well!"

"That's why I'm a doctor."

"Nope! You're smart because you are a doctor." He corrects.

"Nice jumbling with words." I say and Chris laughs, obviously proud of his joke.

We reach at McDonald's in 10 minutes, as Chris said we would be. He took the route that I was yet to discover. Chris parks his car and we take a spot near the window. But the view's not as great as the restaurant that we went to last night.

Moments later another car pulls in. I remember the car and of course, Tyler comes out of it. They carried me in his car last night???

"Tyler came to pick us up last night??" I question Chris.

"Yeah, my car was home. I called him and he came. Why?" He asks, brows furrowed.

"I just recognized the car actually." I say pointing to the car.

Chris gets up and says he'll be right back. I see him going out and going towards Tyler from the window. They both give each other a manly hug and start talking. I really hope Chris is telling him that he told me about Tyler's problems. I still don't understand why I'm not convinced that Tyler is having some love related problem. He just doesn't seem like the guy who would suffer heartbreak. Well it's life and it can happen to anybody so who am I to judge.

They both come inside and Chris looks worried for some reason. I look at his friend's face and he doesn't look happy either. They both look hot walking together, though.

"I'll get us something to eat." He says and leaves me and Tyler alone.

I smile at him and he returns me one, a forced one. This must be awkward for him, talking to a stranger about his love life.

He takes the chair opposite me and looks in Chris' direction. I look at both of them and I can totally picture them being best friends, more like brothers. They even walk like brothers and the looks! Tyler looks more intense than Chris though.

"Hi." He greets.

"Hi." I reply. "How are you?"

"I've been better!"

"Of course, you've been better. These things just happen. You should not take it too seriously." I tell him.

"Yeah! You're right." He says and looks uncomfortable.

"Why are you even doing this for me?" Tyler asks suddenly.

"I'm a psychiatrist and that's what I do!" I answer, trying not to sound offended by his question.

"But I'm not one of your patients!" He points out.

"Yeah! But you are Chris' friend."

"Do you like him?"

"Huh???" What's wrong with this guy? Seriously?

"You should know why Chris was at the bar, yesterday. I took him there because he is still in love with his ex- girlfriend! So if anyone needs your counseling, it's him!" Tyler says, almost pulling away the floor under my feet.

Before I think anything to say in response to what Tyler just revealed, Chris returns and sits on the chair next to me, placing the tray with food in front of me. He looks at me and smiles. This time I'm the one who returns a forced smile.

[Soooooo Sorrryyyyyyy for the late update. I had opthalmologist's appointments, dentist's appointments, people's birthday, class tests and so much more. Please don't hate me... Thanks a ton for the votes and reads. Continue to be humble. This chapter's a bit short because I wanted to update today. There's also a reason to end it here. Have patience!!! I'll try to update next chapter very very soon. ]