Jealousy

Chris' POV

I honestly hate it out here.

Why didn't I ask her to go inside with her?

I hate hospitals. I try to look around myself and not get anxious but it's not in my hands. I hate hospitals since that day...

Flashback

It's 6 in the morning. Hopefully mom lets me in now. I knock on the door and ring the bell at the same time. She doesn't open it. Neither mom, nor dad are heavy sleeper. Why aren't they opening the door. I ring the doorbell multiple times to get their attention but there's no response. After a few minutes, I bang on the front door when Kristen, our neighbour comes outside and calls my name. She's a middle aged woman and lives with her husband Richard. She and my mom are good friends.

"Chris, honey they took your dad to the hospital. I think he had a heart attack." She tells me and I feel like someone punched me in the face, hard. What is she talking about.

"What are you saying? Dad was all right last night."

"They went about three hours ago. I hope he's all right. Richard took them. Your mom asked me to stay here to tell you..."

I don't let her complete her sentence. I start running from my house and think about the way to nearest hospital.

I keep running like a maniac on the streets. I've never felt this helpless before. As I imagine my dad on a hospital bed, I almost feel like I'll pass out. I don't want anything to happen to him. I want him to be alright. Panic causes another adrenaline rush through my body and I start running faster.