Same Clothes

Mahi's POV

I've been driving for about 15 minutes now in silence. We are halfway to the hospital I work in. I don't talk much while driving except the essential. I love driving, it's like a medicine for me and the fact that I'm good at it helps as well to calm my mind.

"Drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested.  -Hunter S. Thompson" Chris says from my right.

"Huh?"

"That's a famous quote from Hunter S. Thompson." He tells me.

"Do you even know who that is?" I ask amused.

"No..." Chris answers with a quizzical expression.

"You should know about him. He was an American author and a journalist."

"You think I'm supposed to know about whole of America?"

"Yes of course. It's easier than knowing about whole of India at least."

"Yeah right. Go on! Tease me." He says and we both laugh.

"You didn't even ask if I have a license." I say smirking.

"Your reaction to Mia was pretty evident..." He says.

"Evident to what?" I ask confused.

"That you can't live without a license, international one at that. I'm pretty sure you went to get your license the day you turned 18. Isn't it?"

I nod as I couldn't hide my grin at his comment. That's true actually. I did went to get my license on my birthday. I was way too much excited, much more than my brother.

"I've always been into cars and I love speed. I hated tractors in the village, you know. They ran too slow. I used to tell my dad to do something about it but he just laughed at me. So I told him I'll buy a car which will run faster than his tractor and I'll race him and his tractor will lose." I say and glance at Chris who's looking at me. "We used to laugh at those memories until..." I continue with a sigh.

"Until?" He questions.

"Until I grew older and his and mine thoughts didn't match. We barely talk now." I tell him.

"I'm sure he'll come around." Chris promises.

"I hope you're right." I tell him and stop the car in the parking lot of the hospital. I hope it goes well and they understand my circumstance.

"Here we are." "Here we are." We both say simultaneously.

"Let's go and do the talking." Chris says.

"You're coming with me?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving you alone in any of this." He says and we both get out of the car.

As we walk towards my boss' room, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. It's a text so I ignore it at the moment as I have more important thing to do.  The nurses passing by give us both weird glances and then I notice the reason behind their stares. It's our attire. They know me as Dr. Mahi so they are bound to stare at me when I'm walking around wearing payjamas in the hospital premises.

Not only I'm wearing payjamas with minions printed on them but Chris is also wearing white payjamas with black and white printed T-shirt. How the heck did I not notice this before. We look so funny standing together in similar clothes in the lobby of a psychiatric hospital. This makes me laugh and I wonder what Dr. Peters will say when he sees me.