Chapter Nineteen: Without Tears And Without Noise

"Sunshine? Sunshine, wake up!" I hear a boy's voice call out. Gavin

I wake up to see him sitting on a chair next to the bed I'm resting on. I look up and see bright lights. Please tell me I'm not in a hospital.

The door opens, and Tyler walks inside.

"No, actually, we're not. We're at Krissy's house. Her parents are out, I think Krissy said they would be out for about 5 hours." I totally forgot that Tyler could read minds.

"I know you did. But I'm not going to anymore. I was just so worried, Shine, I slipped. Sorry." I open my mouth to tell her it's okay, but I can't say a word. 

"Oh, sorry," Gavin says, and hands me a glass of water. He helps me sit up, and tips the glass back, letting the water slowly dribble into my parched mouth.

Once the water is all gone, Gavin puts the glass down on the bedside table, and takes a hold of my hand.

"Any other questions?" Tyler asks me.

"Where are the rest of them?" I inquire. Tyler shrugs.

"Here and there. They're out looking for Alicia."She answers. Then she finally notices Gavin holding my hand.

"Well, I'm going to leave you two alone." Tyler says, giving me, and my hand, an all-knowing look, and walks out with a smirk on her face.

"So, how are you?" Gavin asks, still gripping my hand tightly. I like how scared he is for me.

"Horrible." I answer. Gavin laughs and I try to let out a chuckle, but I end up wheezing like a dying monkey.

Gavin rubs circles on the back of my hand, trying to get me to calm down. He just succeeds in distracting me.

"So, what happened?" I ask, trying to get more information. I couldn't really remember what happened after the necklaces were on me.

The necklaces!

I reach towards my throat, feeling the eight chains around my neck, leading to the jewels resting on my heart. I look at Gavin, silently asking him to tell me what happened, but he stays quiet.

After staying silent for too long, he finally says, "Brianna healed you, after you exhausted yourself out, but you're still too weak." I nod.

I pull out all of the necklaces, and their colors glint out at me. Blue, orange, yellow, purple, gold, black, white, and a green one. I hold the green one to the light, the jewel catching it perfectly, creating colorful green shadows across the walls.

"This one is yours, I assume?" I ask, lifting the chain over my head, and into Gavin's free hand. He nods.

"Did you know? Did you know about the necklaces, back when you took me to the Diner?" I almost break down, but somehow, I force myself to be strong.

Gavin opens his mouth to answer, but before I know it, he leans in and kisses me. He lips on mine are almost enough to make me forget my question. Almost.

I push him away, even though I don't want to, and ask my question again, this time making sure to let go of his hand.

"Did you know?" I ask, "And no kissing!" Gavin gives me a smirk, and plays with his necklace in his hand.

"Yeah," He says, and clears his throat, "Yeah, I knew." He leans in again, and grabs my hand, but before he can brush his lips against mine, I move my face out of the way, and smack him on the arm.

"Seriously? Why didn't you say anything?" I ask him, while he rubs his arm.

"I don't know. I just thought you didn't know." He mumbles. I know he's lying, so when he tilts his head to give me a smooch, I put one finger on his lips.