Chapter Ten: Evil Has A New Name

Liliana Revel's P.O.V.

I stand outside the window to their cellar, relishing the joy of victory. Finally, after all these years, they would pay. They would pay for everything! I listen to their conversation, but I can barely concentrate. I'm too happy.

"Her name is Liliana." The one named Kellie says, and I almost growl, but I put my hands on my mouth to stop it from coming out. Ugh, how do they know so much?

"She's a witch." Kellie says, and I almost crash into the window to kill them with my bare hands, but I don't want her, or the rest, to die yet, I want to make sure they suffer, like I suffered.

They took everything from me! They took my soul, my very existence, and it took forever to escape. I had to find a strong host, one that would survive long enough for me to do what I wanted, no, needed, to do. But I wanted my old body back, I didn't want a body that didn't belong to me. I wanted mine, the one that they destroyed, by destroying my soul.

I hated this life so much. These children were fools to think they were going to be safe for the rest of their lives. Their parents were even bigger fools to leave their precious necklaces for me to find, and their children for me to destroy.

As I keep on continuing to eavesdrop, I realize that I actually don't care if they know who I am, what I am, because they will die anyway. I would make sure of it. He would make sure of it. He hated them almost as much as I did.

I smile, thinking about what I will do to them, what they will feel. My blood red necklace pulses with my overwhelming emotions. It's as evil as I am. 

Then my smile falters, as I remember how I died. My soul getting ripped out of my body, having to endure the pain. Oh, the pain! It hurt so much, but not on the outside, no, it was all inside, where I could not extinguish the flames. Just torturing them would not be enough. 

I burned in fire for over 4 decades, they should burn for a century. 

So after hearing enough of what they say, I fly off into the night, towards the rising sun, towards my next task. 

Watch out, fools, evil has a new name. And that new name is Liliana Revels.