Chapter Sixteen: Betrayal

Liliana Revel's P.O.V.

The cave walls were dripping with moisture when he brought her to me, I was beyond ecstatic, and I thought, all I need left are the other seven.

I would torture them, make them feel  pain, enough pain to make them delirious and they would beg me, beg me to kill them. And Delphi, the descendant of the Elder Warlock who killed me, would finally experience betrayal of the worst kind. By someone you thought loved you. How it felt for her heart to be torn in half, like mine did. Unfortunately, it would not be literal.

"Here she is," His deliciously deep voice said, whilst pushing Alicia to the ground, not so gently. She grunted, her face marred by small cuts, and her skin dripped of blood. Her hands were scraped and red. Her arms were bruised and blue under the ropes that stopped her from escaping, but otherwise, she was fine.

"I told you not to hurt her!" I screeched. That was supposed to be my job. I was supposed to hurt them. Not him.

He looked down, looking downright sorry and ashamed. It took a couple of months to push him into this kind of submission. But I made him realize what his true purpose in life was, and that was helping me.

Even if he was the progeny of one of the ugly hags that called themselves "witches." But now he understood how wrong the others were. He understood what I was meant to do.

I stepped forward, grabbing Alicia by the wrist and throwing her into one of the cells. He was a pure genius by bringing me here. It was an old abandoned prison, so old that everyone avoided it at all costs for fear of being haunted, but not so old that the cells hadn't broken down yet.

She yelped as she slammed on the cold stone floors of the cell. She turned around and gave me a look of utmost anger. 

I gulped, and made sure not to show her any weakness. I slammed the door shut, relishing the look on her face as she realized I had her trapped.

"You little--" She threw herself at the bars, then stepped back when her hands touched the bars, wincing at the pain. She gave me a 

"She'll come and get me! Delphi and the rest of them! They'll come and get me out of here!" She screamed.

I laugh, and mumble, "I hope so." She starts to shout for help, and I cover my ears.

"Stop screaming! Or I will give you a reason to scream. Now that would be enjoyable. Would you like that, Alicia?" I tell her, getting annoyed.

"How do you even know my name, you psycho-murderer?" She asks, seething. She's sitting down on her feet, one of the only things that don't hurt, her hands clenched on her lap.

"I've known of your family for awhile now, Alicia. I knew your ancestor. He was the one wh--" Then I stop, "Well, let's not get into details. Not yet."

"Who are you?" She hissed out, angry.

"I'm Liliana," I tell her, and she gasps. She scoots away from the bars, "I'm guessing you've heard of me?"

I cackle when she doesn't answer back. We exit the dungeon, Alicia's face hidden by the shadows in the back of her cell. I hear the sound of an anguished shout.

I start to doubt myself. What if this isn't the answer? What if killing is too much? I shake my head, disgusted at myself. This Alicia girl was making me second guess myself! I needed to go through with this!

As we walk out, I notice that my companion's face is troubled.

"What is it, sweetie?" I ask him, then reach out to touch his beautiful face. He flinches from my touch, and I step back, hurt. He has never done this before. He usually loves my touch. 

"Sweetie?" I ask, again, longing for him. But he steps back, out of arm's reach. I almost cry out in pain. My heart is breaking, again. He doesn't want me. Like they didn't want me.

"Not today, Liliana." He says, and then he walks towards the jailer's second bedroom, the door swinging shut with a final slam.